Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage >>>2011 Heavy Rebel Weekender: North Carolina<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Jun 13, 2011.

1. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

You're a swell guy and your car is super cool. I promised to show you a picture of my dad's car so here you go...

[​IMG]

2. hotdamn

hotdamn

damn terd I've never seen that one!!! very very nice:D

3. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I posted it a long time ago, 1939 Ford Deluxe Coupe with Olds Rocket and Cad LaSalle trans circa 1958.

4. BigScott666

BigScott666
    from East Coast

killer show.......biggest one to date!!!! Great seeing all my old friends and meeting some new ones!! One of my really GOOD friends said it best today:

** car shows dont mean shit without seeing your friends. thats the only reason i go now-a-days. its like a family reunion...the kind i dont feel like ive just wasted my time at. it was nice to see old friends, new friends and shaking hands with future friends. you guys are really what makes this hobby worth while, the cars are just another link in the chain.....

great working with the Iron Lords.......awesome guys with some killer rods!!

5. Colville

Colville

Whew! Finally back home after an epic weekend. I want to thank everyone that made this show possible! What an amazing time... Met so many new friends, and always love seeing my old friends. I want to personally thank cookie for introducing me to Delton which introduced me to so many awesome people. I've never felt more welcome with a group of guys I barely know. Iron Lords, you guys are doing it right. Met Chris (not sure his name on here) for the first time and spent Sunday night and July 4th with him and his family. I can not express how much appreciation I have for that guy, I had an absolute blast. The Parade today was so much fun! So good to finally really get to hang with everyone, Ron, Kevin, Dustin, Kenny, Justin, Shawn, Jeffrey James, Cookie, Chris, Jeremy And of course Delton (think thats everyone). You guys rock. I cant thank you guys enough for a good time. Ted, good seeing you as always man, Great job with the show... It gets better and better every year. I look forward to seeing all my North Carolina brothers again as soon as I can... Yall are welcome at my home anytime! Heres a few pics, some are from the show and some are from just hanging out at A friends house after the show.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Great Show and Great Times!

7. Colville

Colville

More photos from the weekend... My girlfriend took these and I thought since most of the guys in them are on here, you might want them :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. disorderlysaint

disorderlysaint

I couldnt hit the hay tonite (well this morning)without first saying how flattered i am at the kudos ive gotten about the show, but the real thanks should go to the approximately 350 people who put gas in their cars, trucks and motorcycles, and drove out to our show. All the planning, promoting, ect is all for not, had it not been for you guys and gals. Big thanks also to the Iron Lords, Road Devils and a couple of my fellow Saints for doing a truely incredible job of helping, and promoting. We had more quality AND quanity this year and thats as good as it gets in my book. You guys were awesome. Also thanks to all the other clubs that showed up in force. It was good to see old friends, and meet lots of new ones too.

9. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

Man what a weekend... Had a great time! Cars, bands, old freinds, new freinds and kick ass bands. Couldnt have got much better! Iron Lords, Road devils you guys out done yourselves this year. Cant wait for next year already. Whats the skinny on next year? Heard a rumor, it might be moving to charlotte?

10. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

It's been in Winston for the last eleven years I doubt it's moving anytime soon

11. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

I hope not, aside from the roads you couldnt ask for a better place.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  12. Hey Colville, great pics from you and your girlfriend! It was good to officially meet you and get to hang. I really enjoyed it.

Ted, You hit the nail on the head. The quality was way up over previous years. This show has great potential to being "The" show to go to in the south. If we can promote this show in a positive light I would have to think that more and more quality cars will come.

John, Everyone knows that you are the "King" when it comes to amazing photgraphy. What's the chance that you can pitch your coverage to HRD or some of the other, more positive mags? You know that the coverage of the show typically shows the show as a one sided event and we know that that just is not the case. Anything that you can do for HRW would be greatly appreciated. BTW...I still haven't signed the damn van. I was supposed to in Austin 2 years ago. Maybe next time.

On another note, what was everyone's thought on the "Showcase"? In case you weren't aware it was all the traditional cars parked on the right side as you head in. We thought that these cars should be lumped together and displayed to maybe educate others on a certain build style of cars. Many people are stuck in trendy, shock value way of building. We would like the show to be better known for the traditional way.

Just would like to hear what you guys have to say about the showcase.

Thanks again to all that brought and displayed there cars.

BloodyKnuckles

13. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

BloodyKnuckles, I want to say that the Showcase was a GREAT idea. I think you should keep that going, but put alittle bit more emphasis on it with signage or something to make it known why those cars are there. Maybe next year invite certain cars for the showcase and have premade signs for those cars explaining why they are in the showcase.

I enjoyed all the attention those cars got along with mine, but most people did not know why they were there other then just another group of cars.

I am going to try to get my 58 ready for next year thats for sure, but if it dont get done then I will bring something for sure!

14. jcillch

jcillch

The bestest show in the region. Our 6th year celebrating independence with the carolina folk. The three of us drove up from sarasota fl. next year I am gunna bring more people and cars.
    [​IMG]
    looking forward to next year.

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

16. roadkiII

roadkiII
    from charlotte

sweet. next time i'm in.

17. hotdamn

hotdamn

[​IMG]

this is what staying up for a couple of days doing body work and painting your car will make you look like...

4 hours of sleep thursday night, worked all day friday into the night and with out a break was bolting the bumpers and trim back on at 6:30 as jaroma sends me a text saying we are leaving where ya at??? :D

I wonder if I will still be doing rediculous stuff like this when I'm 50?

18. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Hopefully we all will.

19. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

If I know Del, and I'd like to think I do, he'll be doing that when he's 70!

20. Colville

Colville

HAHA... You the man Delton!

21. roadkiII

roadkiII
    from charlotte

oh to be 50 again

haha

22. hotdamn

hotdamn

you guys are gonna make me blush!

roadkiII you had better ease up there brother or youre gonna mess around and lose that newbie status with all these post youve been making:)

23. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

Delton, we are in it for the long haul... besides 50 is not that far away anymore....

24. mrrocket

mrrocket

Hey Krown,
    I can assure you the Heavy Rebel Car Show will not be moving from Winston-Salem. Now, a fellow in Charlotte contacted me about cross-promoting the car show that occured in Charlotte the Sunday after ours, so maybe that is the confusion. I did let him promote his show on the Loserville.net message board, since he was polite enough to ask first! I also affered him assistance if he needed it in terms of his future ideas.

HRW Car Show would like to move though...by increasing our street coverage over to the next block. It is quite a trek to get from one end to the other these days!

So, as long as Heavy Rebel Weekender continues, the Heavy Rebel Weekender Car show will be along side!

Once again, thanks to all of you who made it happen. Who Attended. Who showed up at 7am (thanks for the text Tedro..lol) or earlier. Who drove their cars. All of you make it happen. In the 11 years I have benn putting on the HRW, and the 11 car shows, this was the most fun and obvisously the largest! Man, what a turn out.

And lastly for now, thank to all you car show guys who came early, or stuck around for the Heavy Rebel Weekender. I hope you all has much fun as we did! The weekender makes the car show possible, but the car show makes the weekender a complete package! Just think Ted, from 27 (1/2 ours) cars to, what, 350? Amazing! See you all next year, keep the rubber and, and the pedal, down!

25. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

Thats great to hear! Im sure it will just keep getting better, you do a great job of promoting and bringing new people out every year.

26. hotdamn

hotdamn

I have been to a lot of shows over the years and this is the best venue I have been to, down town Winston-Salem is rad as hell! and the Millinium center is rad too :D

I also think its pretty sweet that not only the city is cool with this show but the local business owners give up all their parking for us to use.

looking forward to next year already!

between Steel in Motion and HRW, N.C. is really stepping it up!!!

27. Del - Chev looks great with the paint on her - good job man