Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Upholstery in NJ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by entomophile, Jul 2, 2011.

1. entomophile

entomophile
    from NJ

I am looking for a good interior shop in the NJ area. I want an old school two tone tuck and roll for my '55 Chevy. I keep hearing rumors about some guy in Newark but nobody has any contact info. Anyone know who this guy is? Any other suggestions? I'm a little tired of getting poked in the ass by my seat springs! TIA-Greg

2. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

As you live in NJ, you must know how expensive EVERYTHING is here. To get a decent job, you're going to have to spend some money.
    My first choice for just about anything, would be Everlast, on St George Ave, in Linden. Herb, the original owner, and Bea, his wife/receptionist, still hang out there, and son Eric is taking over. I have been getting cars done by them since 1975. Planning on having them do my new 46 Chevy, AND they can even do full on, fifties style, show cars....They did the Kopper Kart for us...."say no more!"

Other than them, Masters up in Newton (?) does very fine work. There's a guy named Bruce in Sayreville area who is very good, but pricier than the rest. haven't found a really good one yet, here in Central Jersy (Freehold area).

3. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

theres a guy in monroe hes pretty good. fleetwood upholstery. rite on texas rd he may be on the expencive side tho.

4. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

Pat Pryors hand made interiors. There located on Rt 69 inbetween the child day care and the girl scout lodge.

5. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

Superior in South Amboy is still in business,and that's amazing! Back in the 60's that shop did all the show cars. Give 'em a call at (732) 721-1273

6. WaynesSpeed

WaynesSpeed

Hey Randy accually thats a Boy Scouts.

7. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

How about Asbury Auto Tops in Asbury Park ?

8. thehazguy

thehazguy

Master Upholstery in Hampton (just above Newton) NJ. Jerry always has great cars he's working on. 973-383-6622. He had a beautiful 55 Chevy he was working on a couple weeks ago when I was at his shop. Class act.

9. dmac620

dmac620

I had some work done at Everlast in Linden. Very professional operation and decent prices.

10. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Greg,there is Tri State auto in Kenilworth,or you can try Great Buffalo in Union.

11. entomophile

entomophile
    from NJ

Thanks to all for the info. Looks like I have some phone calls to make. I've been asking around at the shows and anything done by Everlast has always been really impressive.

12. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Wow, I didn't think Leo was still around! He did my old boss's 54 Merc back around 61-2. I think John might have even worked for him at the time. Very nice work!
    I went to him to get an estimate on my 55 Olds, back in 81. He tried to talk me into doing it in the "new" tweed that was becoming popular. I insisted on old fashioned roll and pleats, though, and he wouldn't accomodate. Probably couldn't have afforded him at the time, anyway. But he does do great work!

13. 29cabby

29cabby

no brian and randy the boy scouts are behind pats candy store, i mean interior shop.