Register now to get rid of these ads!

newish guy...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 95stepside, Jun 29, 2011.

1. 95stepside

95stepside
    from iowa

hello people. i guess im new here in a way. i joined in february and did a bunch of stalking around, but after my very first post i got flack for not doing one of these so here i am lol.

my name is john, im 20 years old, and i dont own anything that quailies for the site, but i do love old cars and mainly trucks. id love to own a 48-79 f series pickup. i love all those body styles. the problem is that since joining in feb. i had an accident at work and im now paralyzed from the waist down and in a wheelchair, kinda seems like it'll make restoring a car/ truck a lot harder. i guess ill see about that later down the road.

so yea, hope you guys let a non-owner hang around here... :p

2. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Welcome to the HAMB. Good luck on your health and don't let it keep ya down. Hope you can achieve your dreams of an older ride.

3. skoh73

skoh73

Welcome back- very sorry to hear about your injury. There are more than a few folks on here who have physical limitations. You CAN still be a hot rodder. It might take more work, but you can do it!

4. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

5. pumpman

pumpman

Sorry to hear of your accident. Hang in there, I'm a Nam vet and have friends that are wheelers, don't mean shit to them, they rock and roll. Your not down, you're closer to the project at hand, and I'm sure you can do it man. Bless you and I'm waiting for the pics of your project. Oh, by the way my friends tried juicing up their wheels and got into a lot of trouble. HEE HEE, they love screwing with the man/women. If you need to talk or dump on someone PM me.

6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

7. 95stepside

95stepside
    from iowa

thank you everybody! i have to say i really dont think my injury will slow me down too much... but a project will have to wait for a while, i need to buy a daily driver first. ive decided to go brand new for reliability since i plan to keep the same car for quite a while. i also decided to go less american than your rides because i really like the reliability, AWD, and ease of entry/exit of the subaru outback. if it helps i also plan to get my F150 fitted with hand conrols so ill still be driving american some of the time...

8. Welcome
    sorry to hear about your accident.
    Old cars and trucks are really good rehabilitation projects.
    Glad you joined the site.

9. rougebeats

rougebeats

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Wyandotte MI
    Im sorry to hear you were involved in an accident.
    "To accomplish great things, we must not only act but also dream, not only plan, but also believe."
    - by Anatole France