Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Classy Kustoms Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by BloodyKnuckles, Feb 4, 2008.

1. bmc

bmc
    from Sacto.,Ca.

Lucky 7 built Cadillac for Robert Gallery.
    [​IMG]

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Ooooh that is nice.

3. bmc

bmc
    from Sacto.,Ca.

Booty shot.
    [​IMG]

4. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

here are few photos. i think they are classy customs.

Attached Files:

5. X2!-MIKE:eek::cool:

6. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

that has to be one of the nicest cadis ive ever seen. Lucky7 never disappoints.

7. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Hot damn and double damn! Every time I click on this superb thread it just makes me realise how little I can contribute, because we just don't get good shit like this over here, fuck it!:mad:Not Kustoms anyway.
    Paul

8. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It's completely horrible, it's not a custom, it doesn't belong on this thread, sorry to be a jerk.

9. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

as you know. a few people feel this doesn't belong here. i to think its not a class kustom. just cause it has a "misty mountain backdrop". it doesn't make it a classy custom. its just a pro street in a field.

10. Señor X

Señor X
    from Spain

ANTI classy custom

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Completely clueless...:rolleyes:

12. Yep

13. rick finch

rick finch

Wow....that "misty mountain" backdrop does it for me.

14. thinkfink

thinkfink

Way to much attention for one ugly car....can we please get more classy Kustoms?

Love this chrysler (found @ stylishkustoms.blogspot.com)

Attached Files:

15. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

nothing there that a big stick of dynamite wouldn't fix....

16. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Jesus Christ!What was the original poster thinking? That there is the kind of crap that gets threads closed:eek:
    move along, nothing to see here.
    Paul

17. rick finch

rick finch

Okay Paul, moving right along.....:D Who'd have thought that this paint scheme would work.....but it certinly does.

[​IMG]

18. This thread must drive the tail drager/skirt haters insane!!! LOL!! Love em all!!

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Since our resident "visionary" doesnt seem to be going anywhere, the only solution is to start educating her, and considering what we are starting with, this is going to have to be pretty elementary. Either that, or form a lynch mob, and since this is the new improved, warm and fuzzy PC HAMB, thats not likely to fly.The paint job has little to do with this car not being considered a custom, a custom is a car that has extensive body mods, hopefully (heres where the classy part comes in) improving its appearance. Chopping (removing a horizontal section from the roof pillars to lower the roofline) sectioning(removing a horizontal section from the body) modifiying the grill, bumpers, headlights and tail-lights, removing trim pieces and filling the holes, pie-cutting the hood, swapping different 1/4 panels on, these are the sort of modifications that define a car as a "custom". The car above is not a custom by any stretch of the imagination. It does have some body mods, namely radiused fenders and a hood-scoop, but neither of those mods in and of themselves would ever be used to define a car as a custom.
    The car above is an eighties Pro-Streeter. Pro-Streeters are not considered HAMB friendly. They are defined by wheel-tubs (Diane, those would be those large cylindrical pieces of sheetmetal you can see when you look in the trunk.) a narrowed rear-axle assembly, big ugly hood scoops(just like on the car you posted a photo of) Blowers or tunnel rams protruding through the hood, and hidieous, ugly graphics(again, just like the car you posted).
    I realize this is the beginning of a long and difficult learning process(Some of us have been engaged in this process for 40-60 years or more.:eek:) But if you do like the rest of us did when we first started it, be quiet, and listen rather that speak, read everything you can, and stick with it, eventually you will be able to avoid potentially embarrassing, humiliating gaffes, like posting a piss yellow Pro-Street Willys on a classy customs thread.
    Just trying to help.

20. Larry T

Larry T

"As you may or may not know, I do hot rod "glamour photography" (I guess that's what y'ad call it)... Anyways, here's one for the group that I captured through my Kodak 13 megapixel digital lens, a 1951 Mercury... Its lookin' kinda phat and phurious... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)..."

"Here's another one from my "glamour" hot rod photography side job... "

Tastes a little like SPAM to me. Shouldn't it be on the H.A.M.B. O'Dex?

There are several other fantastic photographers on the board that post on topic pics everyday and never have to mention that it's their job or ????????????
    Larry T

21. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Looks tropical and, well... fruity. But in a good way. :D

22. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Just to let you know, my pants just got shorter. That is a beautiful car.:cool:

23. 50Fraud

50Fraud

When Larry Ernst's car first showed up in the early '50s, it was painted in an equally uncommon but more Kustom-konventional 2-tone purple. I would probably never consider painting my car in this color scheme, but I thought it was elegant (and classy):

[​IMG]

After a few years, Rev. Ernst returned the car to the Barrises for an update, and it was painted in the 3-tone scheme that Rick posted above. I have often wondered whether the choice of colors -- certainly unconventional, pretty daring, and surprisingly effective -- was the work of the Reverend, or of somebody within the Barris organization? In any case, the color scheme is still provoking discussion, and kudos to both Rev. Ernst and to Keith Ashley, who chose to build his clone in the same color scheme.

As a sidelight, when Lee Pratt built his custom shoebox a few years ago, he chose colors that seem to be an acknowledgement of the Ernst car from so many years before. I could be wrong, but Lee certainly knows his custom history, and I'd be very surprised if he wasn't thinking of the earlier car when he chose these colors:

[​IMG]

24. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I would have to agree.

25. I love the purple version.

26. I really like this custom but the colors remind me of a roll of Life Savers.
    Still, it's cool as all get out.

27. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I believe those would be SPICE Life Savers.

28. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

i like the Ernst's chevy better in purple, but its a beautiful car nontheless.
    Theres a couple more classy kustoms in similar colors, one is a chopped 59 impala, overchopped i might add, and the other is that very famous 49/52 chevy built in the early 80s....my memory sucks today, plus i lost tons of pics so i dont have'em handy.

29. Rikster

Rikster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. FASI

FASI

What a surprise to open this post this morning and see my car. Thanks Rick Finch for posting it. The photo was shot in Suttons Bay, Mi while I was inside the coffee shop. I suspect it was Barris who designed the color scheme, but Larry Ernst was a colorful person in terms of dress so he could easily been the designer. The car has been finished 11 years now and is still as nice as new and driven often in the summer.