Register now to get rid of these ads!

ga mountain moonshine festival cruizin car show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59 brook, Jul 1, 2011.

1. 59 brook

59 brook

any one ever been to this or heard of it . enjoyed driving the old car so much on the hrpt 2011 im ready to go on another road trip and was thinking about going to this show thanks

2. Butch/1

Butch/1
    from Dublin ,Va

You will love it. Lots of early Fords, great time.

3. NuckinFutz

NuckinFutz
    from GA

Its a great Show. You will have a good time. I live about 30 miles or so north of Dawsonville and attend every year. There is also some great roads for scenic cruizing around. There is also some great other stuff to see.

There is also the Moonshine Cruizin Aug 11-13th in Hiawassee GA @ the GA mountain fairgrounds. It is also a great show and they even have a great swapmeet.

If you are planning on come to either show, You better book your rooms NOW! They fill up fast.

Here the link to the Hiawassee show: http://www.georgiamountainfairgrounds.com/events_moonshine.php

http://www.motorsportamerica.com/banners/moonshine.html
    The dawsonville show:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  4. Mac30

Mac30
    1. S.F.C.C.

I live right outside dawsonville. What you need to know?

I go every year since I live here and it is a good show. Probably be the most 40 fords you have seen in one spot.

It is a day show and on sat night you can take a cruise over to canton GA (about 35 min drive) and go to the cruise in there that normally has 400+ cars.

5. NuckinFutz

NuckinFutz
    from GA

Hucklebuck,

Its oct. 22-24 this year. they added anther day.

6. 59 brook

59 brook

hey guys my bad nuckin futz is correct the show i am looking at is the one in hiawasse for now. though i did see the one in dawsonville and always did wanna see that museum thats there
    what interested me about the show in hiawasse was the thursday mountain road cruise they are having

7. 59 brook

59 brook

front brakes are wilwoods rears are gm rear discs looks like fun now if i can get that darn 700r4 to shift right. are you going cause i am truly thinking about bringing the wife and kid looks like a neat place and show

8. NuckinFutz

NuckinFutz
    from GA

Yeah, I'm going. I don't know how old your kids are , But they lots of activities for toddlers up to teens. There is all kinds of crafts and other things for the wifes if they're not into cars and such. It is a VERY family friendly show.

Jamie

9. k9racer

k9racer

Just to add a little more. A large amount of vintage race cars on display. The Georgia auto racing hall of fame club always has a booth display and old drivers signing autographs.. Hot rod elvis here on the hamb is a guide at the hall of fame/dawsonville history area. Several years ago Linda Vaughn {{ miss hurst shifter/miss firebird and other }} was their selling posters. A must see if you can come. The city even closes down highway 9. Bobby..

10. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

I live in Dawsonville and work at the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame and am a part in the festival. Great time, this year, for the 44th annual festival, 1960 Nascar Champ Rex White will be the grand marshall. Ray Fox, Russ Truelove and tons of other drivers will be on hand.

On Friday Night, The Georgia Racing Hall of Fame and Museum will have there induction banquet where we will inductee 5 more folks into the Hall (names to be released in a few weeks)
    Last year, there was counted 167 39/40 Fords uptown and almost 40 vintage racecars (30's-40's era) And then less than a quarter mile from town where the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame is located, will be a cruise-in on Saturday (show on Sunday) with a swap meet. Last year there were so many cars (500++) we were having to park them on the street next to it!

There will also be 5 shows in one this year - the moonshine festival (moonshine cars) the cruise at the GRHOF, the show on Sunday at the Hall of Fame, a Ford Galaxy Show, and a tractor show.....all within a quarter mile. And what's more??? How about My Classic Car's Dennis Gage will be there all three days with his TV show!!!

Hope ya'll can make it
    -Cody (Hot Rod Elvis)

11. Writing Oct 22-24 on the calendar.

12. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

Will awesome Bill from Dawsonville be there?

13. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

That I don't know...and he probably doesn't even know. I'm betting yes since he barley races any more...and I don't think his son, Chase, has a race that weekend. But I'll ask him later.

14. 59 brook

59 brook

i been thinking about the oct show in dawsonville for a few yrs maybe this one will be the one

15. 59ab

59ab

Untill recently this show was only known about by a few people. The word is out now and it has exploded! Is one of my favorites. You will not be disapointed.

16. 59 brook

59 brook

couple of years ago on a family vacation i was able to go to dawsonville ate at the pool hall went by the museum but it was closed and believe we drove by the elliots shop it was awesome! always said i wanted to come back for the show ,this year is looking better and better

17. 59 brook

59 brook

so were all registered for the show heading up in the 59 wagon .my little one enjoys doing the pational park ranger programs so on the way up from hollywood our first stop will be the jimmy carter presidential things in plains ga( no politics he was still a pres)then to atlanta to the martin luther king birthplace .both of these stops will be for here to do the nps junior ranger program then we will be on our way up the historic dixie highway north of atlanta to chattanooga and rock city. then from their over to hiawassee for the show .maybe even try to get some tubing in at helen ga . can't wait to get out on the road again

18. Y'all are talkin' about two different shows in this thread, don't forget.

One is Dawsonsiville in October and one in Hiawassee in August.

19. 59 brook

59 brook

yes i know def doing the one in hiawassee with the family may do the one in dawsonville alone

20. Mac30

Mac30
    1. S.F.C.C.

Anyone know the date on the hiawassee show?

21. 2dr_sedan

2dr_sedan

Any pics from this event?

22. Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  23. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

And don't forget about our Annual Induction Banquet/Ceremony at the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame in town. Inductees - George Elliott, Harold Kite, Mike Head, Swayne Pritchett, and Ken Ragan. Get your tickets here http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2070509951/

-Cody

24. JReece

JReece

59 brook, my grandfather owns the Pool Room, his name is Gordon Pirkle. The museum has been reopened and my grandfather also runs it. The web adress to the Pool Room is http://www.dawsonvillepoolroom.com - Check it out! This years Moonshine Festival will be awesome, Dennis Gage will be there filming for My Classic Car!

25. JReece

JReece

26. Hey I just saw the info about the Friday Moonshine Run. It says limited to 70 cars. Does anyone know if it is filled up yet?

27. JReece

JReece

Hey Guys, I took a whole bunch of pics. A little bit of everything. Here is the link.

http://jordanreece.fototime.com

Let me know what you think.

Thanks, JReece

My clothing line HiRevZ Clothing Co.
    http://www.facebook.com/hirevz

Most of all build what you want, do what you want, it's your car. My uncle has always said, "If you like it, I love it." Meaning doesn't matter if he likes it or not, because it isn't his car.