Register now to get rid of these ads!

Eastcoast, Nostalgia Drag Racing:

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 11b421, Jun 29, 2011.

1. 11b421

11b421
    from virginia

Hi, everyone. Would anybody know were we can find, some "old school" Flag Start(or tree) Drag Racing. No cars older than 1966. Nostalgia Stock and Nostalgia Modified, whatever. We just need a place to race our 60`s cars. Thanks for your help----------:(

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Big nostalgia deal up here in Maine in August at Winterport Dragway... It would be a haul but its the real deal..

3. fatabone

fatabone

4. Geezers at the Grove this weekend but I think they go a little later than 66.

5. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

New England Dragway in Epping N.H. has a nostalgia series that runs 4 or 5 times through the summer. Also check out the Orange airport Reunion in Mass. they're gonna have drags on the air strip.

6. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

7. gas pumper

gas pumper

8. 11b421

11b421
    from virginia

We would love to, but Ya, it would be a haul---Thanks

9. 11b421

11b421
    from virginia

They do, and have -no- Nostalgia Class`s-------------Thanks

10. fww32

fww32

Quarter Aces Drag Strip Boiling Springs ,Pa every Sunday.

11. chevguy

chevguy

beaver springs dragway, beaver springs Pa... july 9th and 10th us30 reunion and nostalgia drags

12. 11b421

11b421
    from virginia

Beaver Springs, been there, nice place, good track, good people. But again, they do not have, late 50`s early 60`s Nostalgia Stock Class`s. Thanks

13. scarylarry

scarylarry

Oct 1 Jalopy Showdown Drags at Beaver Springs. We keep the classes to a minimum. We'll be calling them this year as 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile (if a car passes tech) and East Coast Gassers. Heads up racing, just come make passes with real hot rods. Do a search for photos from the past couple of years.

14. treeserv

treeserv
    from n.j.

15. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

Try Lebanon Valley Dragway in N.Y. just west of Pittsfield Mass.

16. ardyboy

ardyboy

We just got home from the hot rod reunion in Bowling Green They announced on Sat. night that there will be an NHRA East Coast hot rod reunion At Epping in 2013

17. storm king

storm king

Dover Drag Strip is having their nostalgia reunion at Lebanon in August. Lebanon is a great track...

18. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

We're Doing It Again Aug 11-12 at Lebanon Valley [4th annual Dover Drag Strip Nostalgia Drags] Will have a tree & NHRA rules prevail ....but on Sat ALL DAY ...it's Test n Tune -Fun & Grudge and Neto will run along with the East Coast Gassers...Plenty of Track time to play ....you'll be in good company...plenty of Nostalgia cars. The Eliminiators are on Sunday with one Just for Pre-74.... or Comp for rails -altereds -supercharged....NO delay boxes in either. Oh...Have 6 maybe 8 Old Skool Funny cars to add to the fun.Stay over for the Sunday Race And Car Show.

19. Class Reunion

Class Reunion
    from N.E. PA

Good luck, most of the races suck. Between track owners that are only care about car count and promoters that don't have a clue, a true nostalgia race is hard to find. Of the races with some events under their belt the Jalopy Showdown is the best. Bowling Green is a social event, car show and some racing, if you go plan on 3 days and a total of 3 passes down the track, unless you win rounds. Dover is not a nostalgia race, it is a reunion race with no cut off date, there is a class for 72 and older cars. I don't live far from 1/4 Aces dragway I thought every Sunday was their regular bracket race day. The Thompson race is great for gassers. Nostalgia racing and Maple Grove should not be used in the same sentence. While I'm on my soap box can anybody tell me why there is an electronics class at a nostalgia race, that pretty much tells me that event is going to suck. Looking forward to the Meltdown drags.
    Gregg

20. masracingtd1167

masracingtd1167
    from ct

We have an electronics class at our Dover race for the local racers that would like to compete that day . You are right that the dover race is not just a nastalgia race . When we put this race together we wanted people who raced at Dover and their family's a chance to be involved Last year's high mph was taken home by Al HOFANN'S son Wayne . The spirit of th Dover race is about friends and family and there will be quite a few old Dover cars in competition . You should take a ride there you will not be dissapointed.

21. Oooooo man, you don't know just how much you've hit the nail on the head!

I've got 2 tracks near me that do "nostalgic" drag racing. One, the track don't have a clue and the other the people that run the event don't follow "their" rules (unless of course you're NOT in their little click).

22. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Now The Main Differance with our 'Nostalgia Drags" and other 'Period Correct' events, is It's Primary purpose ,is to be a DOVER Revival And Get -together "Its All About Dover".Thats Why we have a "Dover New" eliminator to include all the Dover Veterans that are Still Racing with their Current Car and not exclude them with a year Break.Take the Morehead family...Ron Sr. won 18 straight Stock Elim. wins at Dover in the 60's.. He brought out his car after being in the barn for 37 years to our First race and ran a couple thousanths off its best time. His Two Sons were with him.They both run right up there in the points in NHRA Div. 1 Super Stock. They bring thier cars Too. We keep the family together. Same goes for 60's Veterens Don Scinto,Lee Valentine and a host of others that have Sons-daughters...even nieces & Nephews running.What is so fantastic about the interest and The Race popularity ,has been the generation of Dover Guys Building-Finding-restoring -cloning and Digging out their actual old Dover car to be together again .What's also interesting is the 15 year range of Dover Operation that has Fans and Racers ,Meet & Greet ,some not seeing each other in 37 years....All with A common memory ....I went To Dover.Each year we loose some of the group ... We invite Everyone with A passion for the Old Days to join us and race or show.Just Trying to get the 'Vets' together once a year and have some fun.$10.to enter Show Sunday -Car/driver-Top 40 awards/dash plaques ...$10. general admission- ea. day.. $35. Car-Driver to run ea.day, NHRA rules prevail-full 1/4, 4 no box Elim's. East Coast Gassers Run Sat -"Period Correct".... NETO Nostalgia Group runs Ea Day.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  23. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Thanks MAS...He Runs a Front engine car NO BOX in our Comp. Elim.So does His SON.He first ran at Dover with his first Front Motor car in the Mid-Sixties.

24. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Geargoyles do an event in Shelby,NC ay Shadyside dragway. Lookup Steel in Motion

25. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Would anyone be interested in a true vintage race at the Atlanta Dragway?
    I'm bouncing ideas around, and would love to do a vintage race just exactly like The Meltdown Drags format... Period-correct cars only, '66 cut-off. No modern paint, no modern stance, no modern aero, no modern scoops or wheels.
    Gas, FED, Altereds, AWB, and S/S door cars.
    No box, no nitrous.
    The guys that do the Meltdown Drags planted the hammer head squarely on the nail when they describe the difference between "Nostalgia Racing" and "Vintage Racing."

I'd do it in conjunction with the NE Georgia Swap Meet, so there's already a large, established swap meet.

The question is: If I build it, will people come?
    More to the point, if I build it, are there ENOUGH people in the region to come?

-Brad

26. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Greer drag way in Greer SC November 17 they have 12 period correct Gasser lined up to be there. It's going to start early and hope to be over around dark because it might get to cold. If you want to run your car the rule's are strict on period correctness. You have to send in a pic of your car to have it approved and you have to pre inter so don't just show up they won't let you run.

27. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis