Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration WWJSD What Would Jimmy Shine Do

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groovybaby6, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

Lately, when I've got a head scratcher trying to figure out a problem, I utter those words: What would Jimmy Shine Do?

It seems to help the thinking process.

2. choptruck

choptruck

I think you have a problem. Why don't you just ask Jesse James for a second opinion.

3. Harms Way

Harms Way

He would scratch his head, and then go ask Pete Chapouris What to do.

4. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

I suppose Pete would ask Alex Xydias what to do.

5. Harms Way

Harms Way

Nope !,.. Pete's his own man,... and Jimmy is Pete's employee,.. And Alex is a Pal.

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I don't know why I am posting this but since it's related I guess it might help. I remember watching that HARD SHINE show a few years ago and when he was building one of the cars and one of the contestants was overdoing/overthinking a particular part of the build Jimmy Shine asked, is it a 10 or a two? Meaning is it going to be seen and needs to be polished or is it going to be something that will function jsut fine and a simpler level and save the owner time and money because we're not putting wasteful time into it.

I think about that every time I'm working on my '35. Is it a ten? Or is it a two? Then a proceed form there and build accordingly.

7. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Alot of fuckin haters on here, shit.

Ask Littleman if hes not the real deal.

8. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

I remember that too!
    I went to LARS this month and that blue AV8 roadster with a green interior that he did was there and it really was perfect all the way around.

And it had some different ideas on it, I think that's why I starting thinking about what someone in his shoes would do to create something rather than buy it off the shelf or copy something that's been done a million times.

9. slammed

slammed

Jimmy's alive?

10. Thats good:D

11. What would Jimmy Shine do?.......call Jimmy White! hahaha!

12. :D This thread is sweet.

13. Next time I run into Jimmy Shine,he won't think it's funny,hahaha! But I will....

14. the only question i have for jimmy shine is, "why wear the brain bucket for protection when you were gutter surfing?" it's like wearing ear plugs when you're deaf.

15. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

A Littleman is a mythical beast that first appeared in folklore during the early gowjob era. In legend, the Littleman possessed super human powers that enabled him to engineer machinery previously alien to this world. :D

16. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Who cares what Jimmy Shine thinks

17. Machobuck

Machobuck

I'm glad you posted this, little sayings like that are good to have

18. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Hard saying, fighter pilot style: Two "5s" that are up are better than one "10" that is down. Who is shining who on, in this thread?

Gary

19. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

This thread is frikken funny

20. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

The other day I was HotRodding in my Hotrod buying hotrod parts coming from one Hotrod Store to the other, Old Ford Parts in San Dimas, to SoCal Speed Shop. And I got lost as I do when I hit Holt Blvd, do I go left or right. Then I see these (2) dudes in a 32 roadster, "I'll ask them". I look over, "AAAAAAAAAA ITS PETE CHIPIOIORS", he points back, "AAAAAAAAAAAAA". Shit, I'll followed them. When I get there, "ALL RIGHT!!!, Its the Open House Chinga". Shit, they ran out of the polished batwings with the shockmount. Hey, But I got to cruise the show. I stopped by a week later to get the parts, while waiting, "AAAAAAAAAAAA ITS JIMMY SHINE".

Yeah FUCK ALL Y'ALL HATERS, I got happy seeing those two vato's, even though I can't even spell Pete's last name nor pronounce it right.

21. call cole foster.

22. What would Jimmy Olsen Do?

WTF

Attached Files:

23. STRANGERODZ

STRANGERODZ
    from WASHINGTON

I've meet Jimmy so I would go with. What would BIG DADDY DO. Now that's a biulder.. Thanks.

24. Muttley

Muttley

Talk to you in a condescending manner, adjust his dorky looking flat billed hat and attempt to sell you another T-shirt.

25. psyclesinc

psyclesinc

Yeah Cole's the man!! "Hardly talks, always heard"

26. lmfao.... quoted for truth

27. deto

deto

wow... I hadn't been on the HAMB in awhile and I come back to find this. Awesome.

If thats your answer to every problem why don't you save yourself the frustration and pay him to build you something?

Just face west and bow to Jimmy... except on Fridays. They work 4 10s at So-Cal.

28. milo1303s

milo1303s

Hopefully not hop any jeeps up while in Vietnamb !!! :D:D;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  29. striper

striper

Were we actually trying to solve a problem?.....I'm confused

30. Who is Jimmy Shine? A budgerigar?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.