Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Info: F2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rande, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Rande

Rande

Guys, I'm wiorking on a deal for an F2. Not sure of the year (but its an early one, 48-50). Didn't ask a lot of questions, just made an offer. Due to seller family complications (damn!) may not know for a few more days if I get it. So, in the meantime, I am looking for info on the model.

It has the V8, and is in great stock condition, expecially for the rust belt. is the chassis pretty much the same as the F1? The springs would be stiffer but would the F1 springs be a direct replacement? Is the front axle the same?

I guess what I am driving at is: Would F1 parts fit on? Pretty much everything I'm finding online in the way of suspension and brake upgrades are labelled for the F1.

I just don't know much about these trucks. I would appreciate any info you would share. Meanwhile, I'll keep searching for info.

2. 50F3PU

50F3PU
    from nc

Im no expert but i've had a couple of F1's and F2's and I'll give it a shot. The spindles on the F1 and F2 are the same so if you get some F1 hubs, brakes, and drums you can convert the front to 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern. The front fender openings are alot bigger on the F2 though so most of your average wheels and tires look small in the wheel opening, unless you go with a bigger tire and dont have any plans of lowering it. Pretty much all of the steering components are the same between the two models. As you know the F2's are long beds also. The stock rear ends pretty much suck for any speeds above 45 mph, and i think all the transmissions were non synchro up until about 51 or 52 (i could be off on the years a little). Its been a while since ive worked on an F1 or F2 but if i remember correctly i think the front spring pack can be swapped between the 2, the rears on the F2 have an extra pack of springs mounted below the main pack and if im not mistaken you can take out the lower set of springs and what you have left is pretty much the same as an F1. Hope this helps a little.

3. havi

havi

That's the jist of it there. The MC is different between the two, too.

4. Rande

Rande

Thanks! That's more than I knew. I'm not finding much on the F2, but I'm still looking. i was pretty sure the fender openings were larger but wasn't certain. The longer length is ok. Not sure what I will do with it as I am presently working on another project ('37 Chevy pickup) so it will be a while before I get to this truck. I'll likely just get it running and driving stock for now.

5. EnglishBob

EnglishBob