Register now to get rid of these ads!

My LARS 2011 pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Jun 19, 2011.

1. WEBSTER

WEBSTER
    Member Emeritus
    from Tacoma, Wa

Chris: The best pic's of the swap meet at the LARS I have seen so far. Was busy at the swap meet area all weekend trying to sell my stuff. The new arrangement for this years event probably cost me several thousand dollars in sales, but the LA Roadster club puts the roadsters and established vendors first, and the swappers and preferred parking out in left field. Let's hope they get the huge empty lot next to the drag race strip filled with potential buyers next year as many customers balked at carrying heavy car parts all the way through the show area and across White Ave, and then into a huge parking area. It was nice to see you on Friday and hope to get over to your swap meet in several weeks.
    Terry

"Long Live Hot Rods", Tom Senter, 1978

2. VonWegener

VonWegener

What issue of TRJ was it in? I am as smitten by this car as you are.

4. VonWegener

VonWegener

Thank You Jimmy! Will buy one on ebay.

5. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

If that dont get your heart rate up,nothin will! Thanks for the pictures.

6. I guess I had better go now and change my gotch. What a great show and an excellent group of pictures. I just have to move !!!
    Thanks,
    Ron

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Best part about this car is that he's got less then 20K in this whole car!!!
    [​IMG]

8. F&J

F&J

Wow, that body is getting moved around...it was for sale at the V8 Ford swapmeet in Fitchburg, Mass this spring...and the seller did say if it did not sell there, it was going to Cal.

Why the discount for you Ca guys? :) ...it was priced at 5500 out here:eek:

but it did have 3 extra quarters and maybe a spare door when it was out here

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey Chris! Sorry we didn't bump into each other throughout the weekend. You were one of the people on my short list of fellow H.A.M.B.ers that I wanted to meet! As far as your photos, Perfect! You shot one for one exactly what I did, just better! As a matter of fact, if your going next year, I'll just leave the camera at home and let you do the work... You got a great shot of my buddy's '35 pheaton now bound for New Zeland too.

10. Well it helps if you have great resources when you build something like this.We all know that the average Joe couldnt build this car for that money.If I keep lookin at this thing... I will have to buy all new boxers!!!

11. I like it with the windshield off.
    [​IMG]

12. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

my bucket lists keeps getting longer.................Great pics

13. hemifarris

hemifarris

Excellent photos. Thanks for posting............Mike

14. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

Nice, thanks.
    The walking this year was way too much.

15. barnfind08

barnfind08
    from minnesota

I was unable to go this year. Got sick at last minute so afraid to drive. Have been going since it was at the old place. You made my day by you being there and taking all the pics of the kind of cars I like. I do not know how many more years I have. Thanks again.

16. 40Chevy

40Chevy
    from california

Great pictures Chris, I had a helluva time this year, If my ATM had a higher limit, would of had way more fun for sure. Did It seem weird to anyone else, that Pines winterfront grills must be being repoped? I saw so many.

17. Thank you. Came all the way from Texas to bring this car to the LARS.

18. Great selection! Thanks

19. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Payne, thanx for the ref... I finally dug out Nr 38 last night and re-read the story. Funny I didn't remember it from that issue. Old brain I guess. What an amazing guy. Wonder why we never hear much about other true inovators and craftsman, let alone drivers, as Mr. Howerton? Gary

20. BobbyD

BobbyD
    from Belmont NC

Outstanding group of pic's, thanks for sharing. I need to get out there for this round of events one of these years.....