Register now to get rid of these ads!

Airbag guys, quick question!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrolla2k3, Jun 22, 2011.

1. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

Im piecing together a my bag setup for my '53, and was given this piece, which I assume is a adjustable pressure switch, but im not sure. Can any of you bag gurus verify if it is a pressure switch and if I just wire it like a normal nonrmal adjustable type switch like in the diagram below?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. RichG

RichG

1) Yes, it is a pressure switch
    2) I assume by the diagram that the switch is Normally Closed, and opens when it reaches its pressure setting? If that's how the switch works, then the wiring diagram looks correct to me.

3. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

Thanks Rich!

Why would you guess theres a T fitting on the switch? Gauge possibly?

4. DirtyEd

DirtyEd
    from Dallas Ga.

That would be my bet.I have a block in mine.I have a gauge at the tank and a line ran to the dash for a tank pressure gauge also.

5. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

Note that the pressure switch connects the ground side of the relay coil. I'm not sure if the switch you have is adjustable or not.
    Anyway,The hot side of the relay coil stays hot all the time. If your running Air Zeniths or any HD compressor be sure to use the large 65 amp relays. the contacts and even the relay blades are xtra large. Air Zenith sells them at a reasonable cost. Don't skimp on this part by using a smaller relay, you'll burn it up eventually. Maybe you know this already, just trying to help you out.

6. RichG

RichG

Just to expand on what Numbnutz said, those sizes listed for the wiring and the relays, that's minimum size, there's no reason you can't go a little bigger...

As far as the tee fitting, yeah, they probably had a gauge or something else plumbed off there.

Also, I'd fuse the relay circuit (maybe just an inline ATO somewhere easily accessible).

7. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

Thanks for the quick detailed answers guys, as for all the wiring, I have all that stuff gathered up, as my daily grind as car audio install guy allows me all the wiring and parts I could ever ask for!