Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model a coupe and other cars that sold at auction yesterday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dyce, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Dyce

Dyce

Went to a sale yesterday. Wish I had more money....
    Coupe brought $4700.00:eek: It was an older restoration with some repair on the rr quarter. Fender beads all nice... Ran but was a little noisy.
    [​IMG]
    50 Chevy had a chevy 350 with a nova front and rear sold for $6250.00
    [​IMG]
    39 Plymouth coupe was a in the familly since new. Ran like a watch but needed brake work. Sold for $5600.00.
    [​IMG]
    68 mustang 289 auto. $6800.00
    [​IMG]
    69 Nova, 350 2brl $7700.00
    [​IMG]
    52 Chevy 4dr parts car, $250.00, and '40 Chevy sedan delivery, the one I came for and bought:D $1550.00
    [​IMG]
    And some parts. In the parts I bought a '40 chevy delivery rear door that was better then the one on the car for $5.00 and a delivery rear bumper for $30.00.
    [​IMG]
    There was a set of 4 14x6 and 2 15x8 ET3 wheels I let go by for $350.00:(
    [​IMG]
    No doubt the economy is taking a hit on prices!!
    Jeff

2. Dyce

Dyce

Here are some pictures of my new '40 delivery. They made fewer then 3000 of these.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It's rough but I've been wanting this car for a very long time!!
    Jeff

3. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

cool, be a nice project.any plans?

4. F&J

F&J

Most of the prices sounded more than fair, and even good deals IMO.

The 40 looks good from what I can see. Good score to get something on your list.

I saw a 46-48 Chev conv in the woods 25 yrs ago that was spiffed up a long time ago with fake portholes and spot lights. It looks like some sort of ports on that one?

5. Dyce

Dyce

It's rough. The top is pushed in, and the front floors and rockers are gone. I'm thinking about shortening the rear cargo area and going with 2dr sedan doors, and giving it a little chop[​IMG]..... I have time to think about it. I need to finish my model a first.

6. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Your Chev looks cool ! Chop ? Yes. Shortening & Sedan Doors ? Maybe not worth all the trouble...those are rare rides. I'd leave the body mostly original and make it a Resto Rod...just re-do suspension, brakes, engine, drivetrain, interior (that's where you can get creative !), etc., and you'd have one DYNAMITE machine !

The Model A & the Plymouth were spot-on ! Love that Plymouth...one of the best 30's front clips ever designed. AND, extremely RARE !

All the best to you !

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

7. I used to see a sedan delivery like this except it had opened panels on the sides that looked like they flipped down. It was just sitting by a tree next to a run down old house for many years. One day driving by the place it was gone. Never knew what happened to it.

8. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

dang,the model A coupe sale price sounds like a steal!!!

9. PinHead

PinHead

Some cool stuff there, where was this at? I haven't been to a good sale in awhile.

10. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

some cool stuff there , and prices dont sound horrible , hope you post some pics as you work on the panel , it looks like a coool score

11. Nice score Dyce! I can see why you were not at BTT50s!

12. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Wow, I could use the upright bass in the background of photo 3.

13. Toner283

Toner283

That model A went for a steal. A good 5 window body is $4-5G's around here with no frame/running gear or fenders. Looks like an entertaining afternoon.

14. Squablow

Squablow

I can't see any pictures. Anyone else having that problem?

15. Dyce

Dyce

I'll more then likly keep the body stock. It is a master 85 with the straight axle front end. I may even drop the axle and keep it.

The model a was a shocker. I could have bought it and took it up to BTTF and made some quick cash.The economy really took a hit on the market (at least this weekend it did)

16. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Wow! Cool panel truck, I like the tuna cans on the sides of the hood:) That A looks like a really good deal, I saw one similar to it at a auction in PA a few weeks ago, got bid to 11k, no sale... Just heard about a '31` pick up for 5k in Vermont or new hampster, fair body runs n drives, no interior ( or needs new)....I don't need anymore cars, have the number if anyone is interested

17. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

as each picture loaded and each price was shown, all I could say was

Dam

Dam!

DAM!!!

18. sawzall

sawzall

my dad has had one of these since 1974..
    such a cool car..

19. madpole

madpole

seems like some pretty fair deals. i love the looks of that "39 plymouth....

20. carryallman

carryallman

hey dyce ,good buy ! looks like it would make a cool bunk at dans ,plus everything would be hidden inside ? anyway i was wondering if you would be at back to the 50s ? seen dan there w/his 46 ford convertable in the swap meet AREA ! plus "steve " from wisc. {my minds blank on his last name ?} also several other guys ,had a good time there ,hope you get this sedan delevery going this winter ,it will be a nice ride !! see ya mike "carryallman "

21. Dyce

Dyce

I had to skip the back to the 50's to make the auction. I'll be working on the model a for a while yet. Nice thing about the delivery project I can do alot to it without spending much money.

22. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

23. I would have loved to buy the A-coupe and the 39 Plymouth coupe is one of my favorite coupes but a 40 chevy delivery? DAMN! I've wanted a 40 chevy delivery for a million years! If you decide not to build it, lemme know.
    and a rear door for 5 bucks? Unheard of!

24. Dyce

Dyce

Yeh that door blew me away. I was happier to get the sedan delivery (the bumper on the car is for a sedan) rear bumper for $30.00. Where do you find one of those? I need to find seats now. They should be the same clear up into the early 50's...

Sawzall, I'd like to see a picture of your Dad's car if you have any. I did a '48 Chevy delivery for a freind. I drove it for a couple months working the buggs out of it and have been looking for one ever since.