Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Reunion Bowling Green KY/ Whos' Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64gtoguy, Mar 25, 2011.

1. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Well I see we left too early. Missed the races Saturday afternoon. But we had two good days. Great to meet the PoorBoys from Tampa.

2. we only caught half of the event but we partied like rock stars in the camp ground!! it was a blast, a wet blast!

3. Gator

Gator

We had a big time, Thursday was perfect, had a quick rainstorm Friday, and you all know how Saturday turned out - but I feel like I got my money's worth the first day. I was optimistic that the newly imposed "golf cart rules" would limit those asshole-laden machines but it did not.

Scored a sweet banjo steering wheel in the swap meet Thursday (which was half underwater by Saturday)

Had some delicious cookies (thanks again Denise) and saw the safe return of the often abducted 'Carlos' at the impromptu HAMB meet & greet. Also met several other Hambers throughout the weekend, either from recognizing their cars or their 'Hamb' apparel.

Got to hang with several of my PoorBoy's club mates, including John (Wyle E Coyote) from Tampa, who let me put a little artwork on his hot rod. Saw some old friends, made some new ones, cooked several dozen smoked sausages and put a few hundred more miles on my hot rod. All in all a great weekend.

Didn't take a lot of pics, but here's one I took on the way up Saturday. This was at about 8 a.m. but it looked more like midnight. i kept expecting to see a witch on a bicycle fly by me.

[​IMG]

4. ratster

ratster

did they race on sat? we left and went to nashvegas for the night.

5. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

They did cacklefest at 4pm, static startup only, then started racing around 6pm. Damn rain...

6. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

got back about 10;00 this a.m. and took a nap:eek: dang gettin old sucks. had a blast even in the rain. like i told em"a wet day at the hrr is better than a good day at work: or something like that. thanks for the tool box gator ,that is just way to cool. thanks for the cookies denise. and for some reason carlos can not quit smilin:D anyway,had a blast met some new freinds,some some old freinds and hope i live to do it again next year. and i did not power park!

7. borntoolate

borntoolate

I get almost as much enjoyment watching my kid watch the cars as watching them myself. My 9 year-old son and I drove 45 miles and got there at 6:45 to be first at the spectator gate. We stuck it out through the rain and had a good time until we left at 10:30pm. He even got a autographed chunk of Mike Boyd's blower impeller (sorry he had em' to autograph).

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

What event cancelled?? Not the Hot Rod Reunion. Thursday and Friday were AWESOME and Saturday started off alittle damp but cleared up by mid afternoon.

Yes

:rolleyes: right.....5:20am at the gate isn't for "power parking", it's to miss the traffic right?? :p

9. Retro61

Retro61

Had a good time on Friday, missed the Meet & Greet on Sat., i was trapped at the Hotel until the Rain stopped(no hood, no side glass!). When it let up, i hi-tailed it for the House, and when i got out on the Parkway the Freakin Sun came out! Missed the Big Boys racing!! Crap!! Well, see 'ya next year!!

10. reborn55

reborn55

Had a great time Thursday and Friday..Went to meet and greet on friday--met some people from last year--had some great cookies(Thanks Denise). Saturday too wet for us and we left early.

11. Well ,I am kinda bummed! I planned to go down on Friday, but got a bad case of Bronchitis and was in bed all day Friday and Saturday. Feeling better now but still weak. I am near Cincy and it rained a bunch and I figured it was not going to be as good as past shows with the weather. So, looked forward all year to going and ended up on the couch. Got the rest of summer I guess, but still bummed.

12. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

its so YOU can find me sweetie;)

13. primed34

primed34

Getting soft in your old age? :D

14. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

had a big time again this year

15. jmon77

jmon77
    from Tennessee

Well I went on Friday this year instead of the usual Saturday due to the new dates this year. I'll have to say that I was slightly disappointed in the number of cars running. I've been going for four years and there was not nearly as many cars running as in the past. Don't know if it was weather, date change, or economy? Hopefully next year will pick back up.

16. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

alot of guys packed up and left because of tech. seems like they have a surprise rule change each yr.while we're driving to the track. this yrs surprise for me was anything faster than 13 had to have a fire suit jacket. if i hadn't of had a friend there with 2 extra suits i would have been out too. i even drove down to nashville and bought a new helmet because mine had just gone out of date.it's good to have the rules but these tech guys were really abusing their power telling me things that wouldn't pass but did last yr and the yr before. so the whole tech experience turned into who could prove it passed last yr. it was very intemidating...kinda like going to the dentist...or like divorce court.....not sure i want to go thru it again. but because of the low number the ones that did stay got to run more times than normal.

17. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Thursday's program went pretty quick through the lanes. Things were slowed down on purpose Friday because thet were going to run pro qualifying later in the day and 1st round of elims. I think thet were afraid of getting done too quick. We were going to get an extra pass when they realized they had plenty of time. Rain came shortly after that and we missed the extra pass and elims due to the wet.

Reggie's right too. They were asking for stuf in tech that isn't required by the rulebook. I think they were interpreting the rules differently than in the past. Inspection lacked consistency.

18. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

19. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We had a great time at Bowling Green. The storms on Saturday were a little bit scary but once it cleared off there was some great racing. Fred Bear of the S&S team won the AA/GS class. It was the first time he has won a national event. I finally got to meet denise. What a sweetheart and great cookies!!!!
    Gasser Girl

20. brandon

brandon

Gotta watch those hamb'rs in tech...lol ....they were full of info when we talked to them Saturday during the rain, and helped with some stocker tech questions I had....( thanks Travis & crew)

I had been a nervous wreck waiting to be teched in....only to have my helmet impounded and had to wait on my replacement.....figured on first round friday afternoon.....oh well.....

21. brandon

brandon

Try that again.....we ended leaving early....car was 2 tenths from week before....60' was off 7?..lights were out the window...oh welll, might try it again next year...lol

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The pleasure was all mine! What a specail treat, and so unexpected the way it went down. Looking forward to running into you again and perhaps hanging out alittle longer next time.:cool: