Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Visited Gene Winfields shop today...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OneFineComet, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Today was spent mostly driving from Ridgecrest where i spent the weekend with family out there. On the way back we drove through Mojave and since i knew Winfields shop was out there, i decided to take a peak and maybe snap a few pics. Oh boy, did i know what i was in for. The gate was open and there was a few shop doors open so i knew someone was there. I approached a paint both where the first thing i notice is the Strip Star. I was greeted by a couple guys there and told them i was a fan of Genes work. A guy by the name of Jimmy told me that Gene wasn't in but he was more than happy to show me around the shop and give me a full grand tour. I had a blast and got to see a lot of cool projects. Enough rambling, now time for pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Reactor!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cool! Lots of projects going on there. Thanks for the tour.

3. The Econoline in the 11th picture down is being restored to its old glory. Backed with a t-bird 5.0 motor and air ride all around. This is what it looked like before.

[​IMG]

4. Bandit Ls-1

Bandit Ls-1

very kool, thanks for the pics.

5. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Great ! Gene & his crew ALWAYS have projects going on...that's what Pioneers / Legends are all about !!

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

6. I can tell! Jimmy was really cool about it too. He even went out of his way to grab me a shirt.

7. friggin"A"

friggin"A"

I go through Mojave all the time and have always wanted to stop in but either never had the time or it was 3am (although someone is probably still there working at that time)

After seeing these, I'm making it a point to stop in next time I'm down that way.

8. A little heads up regarding Jimmie, The man is legally blind and one of the most awesome metal fabricators I have ever met. You won't meet a nicer more positive guy anywhere.

9. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

awesome, thanks for posting

10. Yep Jimmy does some killer work.

BTW the Pacifica isn't the original. The one there started in a Winfield Metal Class a year or so ago. That is unless the original did re-appear. I haven't been to Mojave via the Sierra Highway in quite some time. Always something neat to see at Gene's shop.