Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Latest Bo Huff Health Update For 2011...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnie King, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

[​IMG]

FELLOW HAMBERS...

Talked to Bo twice this past weekend, and wanted to give you this important Info: Bo is doing well at this time, sounds great, his spirits are up, and he wanted me to thank everybody here for their prayers & support.

Bo is what I would call, and he agrees, in semi-stable condition at this time. He still has to get a chemo shot every week, and his Stage 3 Multiple Myeloma (which is one of THE worst Cancer's you can get) is being held at bay for now. BUT the Doc says that this type of Cancer can re-group its cells and take over at anytime...no matter what the treatment. He is not in remission. He's taking it one day at a time.

He did make it to the WCK show last month, was weak but got to spend some time with George Barris & Blackie Gejeian, and, since George has always been one of the Legends that Bo has admired (since we were kids reading the Little Pages !) it was a real treat for him.

Bo said that he's excited about his show in Utah coming up July 8 & 9, he hopes that if any Hambers are in the area you'll stop by. AND, he stated to me that once, when driving down the street a few months ago, he felt a strength, and a calm that came over him...and he KNEW at that moment he was feeling the prayers & good wishes that all of us were sending out to him. What a beautiful revelation ! And how much more could one ask for than to know the entire R&C Community was pulling for you !!

Bo hopes he's well enough and strong enough to get to the KKOA Salina Lead Sled, July 27-31, and hopes to see us all there !

Just keep the positive thoughts & prayers coming for this true R&C long-running kustomizer whose given a lot to the Industry...and a man who cares about us as much as we care about him.

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

PS: I have Bo's full story about building that fantastic 4-Door Chopped Merc pictured above, and how it got SO cool at this Link. It was the FIRST 4-Door Merc that Bo ever chopped, and to hear this part of our Interview just click-on: http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage118.html

2. slammed

slammed

3. that is great news!

4. Hang in there Bo!

5. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

awesome news!!!! Always got good thoughts coming from upstate NY.

6. Great news Bo will continue to be in our thoughts an prayers....Get Well Soon!!

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Good to hear, I'd been wondering how he was...thanx for the update.

R-

8. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

That's great news wish him nothing but the best......

9. Butch M

Butch M

Great News.....

10. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Got several friends battling that crap. While some of Bos stuff is a little over the top for my tastes I admire his unique style. There is no doubt he is a dyed in the wool car guy.

Best wishes from Oklahoma, got ya on my prayer list Bo.

11. Great news, our thoughts are with you.

12. abc123

abc123

Keep on keepin' on. You'll beat this thing.

13. Hope that Bo can lick the damned cancer. Glad to hear he's holding up.

14. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Thanks to you all ! This is what's got Bo this far 'till now !!

I'll try to post a pic of the Poster for his July show soon...it's the 8th & 9th of July. In Utah of course !

JK www.legends.thewwbc.net

15. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks for the update.. was wondering how he has been doing.. stay strong Bo..

16. skoh73

skoh73

Prayers out to Bo. Lost my Pop 5 years ago to cancer. I hope that he continues to feel the reassurance of well-wishers.

17. hemi

hemi

Great news... Hang in there, Bo.

18. Great to hear that! Thanks for the update!

19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wish Bo the very best, has influenced so many. have a sister with the same disease and now getting the same treatment-been dealing with it for close to 4 years. had my own cancer battle-it is a very nasty word.

20. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Bo sent me a Poster for his July show and I'll have it and the info tomorrow.

Again, thanks for the prayers...they ARE helping !!

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

21. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

nice to hear some good news for a change , thanks for the update .

22. seatex

seatex

Great news, prayers coming out of Texas for recovery.

23. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Hope to see Bo at the Salina KKOA show next month. I visited with him at the show 2 years ago and was impressed by what a friendly and laid back guy he is.

24. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx for the update withBrother Bo, I love this guy, he is the real deal, and we continue the healing vibes from his midwest friends. ~sololobo~

25. DECKARD sr.

DECKARD sr.

continued thoughts and prayers from my neck of the woods. bo is one cool ass dude. hang in there man.

26. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Good to hear. Wishing him more good health for a lot more years. All the best to you Bo.

27. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Are these "old guys" getting these cancers from too many years of automotive chemicals? I know of a couple of old body shop guys fighting cancers.

28. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

AS PROMISED, HERE'S A COPY OF THE POSTER BO SENT ME FOR HIS JULY CAR SHOW:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>[​IMG]
    <!-- BOF buynow --><!-- EOF buynow -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- EOF: ./personal-templates/simple/generic/paragraphs/style.1 -->
    If you can get to that area, stop by say "Hi', and give Bo some good wishes in-person !

NOTE: Bo told me the story on how he got to Utah, and also talked about his Museum, and, wanting to kustomize some cool 60's rides. Here's the Link if you have a few minutes to listen to it: http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage123.html

Sincere thanks for the Prayers, as we've found out they REALLY work !

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

29. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

If you missed the Poster earlier, here it is ! Hope if you have a chance to get Utah, you'll join Bo and his friends. He's feeling better, and really looking forward to visiting with any HAMBERS that can make it.

JK www.legends.thewwbc.net

30. davidh73750

davidh73750

On American Graffiti what character was he? I know in pharroahs but was he the leader guy? trying to get richard dryfus to join? I hope he recovers I'd like to meet him at kkoa. Met Voo Doo larry and was taken back what a nice guy he was.