Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1960's Vintage Dragster Find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29hammeredcoupe, Sep 28, 2009.

1. trksmth

trksmth

To finsh up on a past promise, here are the now and then pictures of the young gal in the car show from 1966 pics...

Attached Files:

2. trksmth

trksmth

And the dyno shots...

Attached Files:

3. Very cool, we had a similar experience with the Fiat at the Meltdown Drags Saturday. The daughter of the former owner showed up and watched us race. Her name is still on the car. The karma meter should be ready pretty high!

4. AntiBling

AntiBling

I was rather disappointed with the track not letting Mike run as I know some of the cars they let through tech didn't even have seatbelts and it was one of their guys doing tech inspections this year.

I had heard they weren't even gonna let it on the track at all, so I was excited when I saw them pushing it towards the track, ran my fat ass over there, and was told he could only idle it down the track. I snapped some photos anyways and walked away disappointed.

[​IMG]

Link to all the photos from the day:

http://www.facebook.com/antiblingphotography#!/album.php?aid=29129&id=117247714957686&ref=mf

5. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

This car is freakin' awesome.

6. motorhead711

motorhead711

That is freakin COOL!!!

7. oil'n'rust

oil'n'rust
    from NewZealand

your camera must have a lot of recoil lol, but freakin cool

8. tomjac

tomjac

I was hoping this thread would get rolling again once winter came......still hoping...

9. trksmth

trksmth

Happy New Year!
    Can't believe it's been a year since this whole thing started. I have a new project I have to pick up tomorrow. Here's a quick picture. I found it on e-Bay too.
    Mike

Attached Files:

10. Throw on headlights/tailights, and drive it on the street sometimes. the cruise night guys will freak out! Then do a wheelie when you leave.

11. I saw that at Back to the Fifties. It looked interesting, but I think they wanted $8,000 for it then.

12. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

13. Harms Way

Harms Way

How in the world could I have missed this ?,...... Way cool !,.......Congratulations !

14. trksmth

trksmth

It has current plates and tabs!

It has tail lights, brake lights and reverse lights all we need, right?

Clean bonded title.

Just got back with it, the icy roads sucked all the way there and back. Had to wrap it up, to got it home with out the road salt.

Man I can't wait to get started!

15. use it as a pull car for the altered

16. trksmth

trksmth

Wow, I got a good deal then, he was only asking $2000 less engine and I made an offer!

Just no engine, but with everything else. Good front fenders, inners and 1/4s. Alum. flywheel, new clutch and five boxes of goodies.

I'll have to start a new thread when I can get it into the shop. I'm pulling a good running 331 Hemi, out of a '53 New Yorker Deluxe now.

17. Wow.
    What a car and what a story.
    Thanks for sharing.

18. tomjac

tomjac

It will be fun to watch the new project.

What's happened with the coupe? Are you still looking for a 32 body?

19. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

would be closer to 135 at those times

20. trksmth

trksmth

The '32 B/Coupe is sitting in the showroom and we are talking about bringing it back down to Austin this year. I'll have to change it back, now that I found some more parts. We had changed it for racing.

As for the copy car haven't found a good deal on a body.

We found a new gasser from the past that ran the same engine that we raced in the coupe. But that's another story!

Oh, the '57 stock car is now in the shop. I'll start the new thread soon, on that one!

Thanks Mike

21. tomjac

tomjac

If you come down to Albert Lea/Austin this summer, I assume you'll be towing the B/comp with the '57... :)

22. trksmth

trksmth

I got hurt and I'm just getting going again.

We just put new engine in the '51 pickup.

Hope to start the '57 soon, I have all the parts.

I have to take a road trip and pick up the '32 body parts, for the copy car too.

Mike

23. TinShed

TinShed

Love the car and hope to see it at BTT50's this year. If it was there last year I missed it. :(

24. Cross Rodder

Cross Rodder

Thats one of the coolest rods I ever seen!!

25. trksmth

trksmth

We, Dakota and I are off to Tennessee, to help out on the new TV show, Search & Restore. We are volunteers and sponsors. The summer had been so crazy, the 57 engine & tranny are ready to set in, when we get back. Not going to make it down this year, but Got the body panels for the copy car now too! We'll check back in a couple of weeks.
    Thanks Mike

26. tomjac

tomjac

Too bad you couldn't make it here...was a beautiful day & had 200 cars or so. But it's great to hear you're going to help-out. Will be looking for you on the show.

27. trksmth

trksmth

Well, we made it back and had a great time! The guys from Power Block TV on Spike, were great to us, with a full tour of Xtreme 4x4, Muscle Car, Trucks and Horse Power studios. They started most of the project cars for us. You guys are not going to believe the paint job They did on Alter Ego! (One of my favorite cars) Hope you guys get a chance to watch us on the new Search & Restore show. We also got a chance to make it to Hot Rod Reunion, in Bowling Green, KY. (to bad it rained) and we also visited Cooters Garage.

Mike

Attached Files:

28. trksmth

trksmth

Quick teaser, they let us run!

I'll up date you guys soon.

Mike

Attached Files:

29. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

30. 33 ply 440

33 ply 440
    from mn

would have liked to been there and seen that !