Register now to get rid of these ads!

Walton Fabrication Brake Pedal Assembly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54 Chevy, Jun 12, 2011.

1. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

I just got finished installing a firewall mount brake pedal assembly on my 54 Chevy from Walton Fabrication. It was a direct bolt in setup and is very well engineered. I did not have to modify it in anyway. It is 1000% easier than trying to install a mount under the floor. It seems like all you hear is bad things now days so I thought that I would give some positive feed back for a change.:D

2. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Hey Pal, thanks for posting the personal [from experience] perspective on this product. Nice to hear a firsthand report, as I was definitely leaning toward using this unit in my build. Will do so with a bit more confidence now! May I p.m. you w/ a coupla questions?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  3. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

Sure you ask any questions you want. If you do a search for Walton Fabrications you will find two links that may help. Both the old Custom Roader and Rod and Custom websites have a video were they install one.

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

any pictures of your intallation?

I used Waltons Trans cross member and engine mounts on my 53, worked perfectly

5. What's one of those cost, versus me buyig a pedal unit out of the junkyard for under $25 and drilling some holes myself to accomplish the same thing?

6. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

I will take pictures today and try to post them.

7. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

I only bought the pedal assembly because I already had a booster and master cylinder. My cost was $254 with shipping and only 30 minutes time (not counting the time to paint it) to install.

8. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

Here is a picture of the firewall. I tried to get a picture under the dash, but to many things in the way. Rod and Custom has a install on their website that shows the kit being install.

Attached Files:

9. dgc15

dgc15

I used Walton's motor mounts, trans crossmember and the PB assy. Everything worked perfectly.
    Here's my brake booster.

Attached Files:

10. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

What front end are you running.

11. gsport

gsport

here's a picture of my install.... very easy
    [​IMG]

12. zabbco

zabbco
    from carencro

13. cyclesounds

cyclesounds

How does the brake pedal feel? I am thinking about going that route too but I am wondering if I need the power booster. I see they sell the mount with the MC. I dont have an issue with the under the floor MC and braking. I just dont like it under the floor.

14. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I have also been looking at this set up. Nice alternative to under the car where it is a pain to check fluid and if you are really low, it gets caught on stuff.

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

clean looking, If I change over to firewall mounted MC, this is where I'd go

16. Walton's builds nice user frienfly products. Even if you get in some sort of bind with your install, Pick up the phone and Todd will work with you untill the problem is sorted out.
    Quality producrs and great customer service. If everynody in the industry took the same approach, Life would be sweet!

17. I recently e-mailed Todd with some comments and questions and the guy was back to me in mili-seconds ... you cant beat response like that. He is on top of things.

18. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

did the same install on my 51 a couple years ago and was as described above...a no issue install...30 minutes tops!! the only thing that needed adjusting was the brake light switch!!!

they are also an alliance vendor as well!

[​IMG]

19. Marten

Marten

I also ordered a bunch of parts from Walton, brakebooster, crossmember, rearleafspringkit etc. When I was installing, run in to some 'problems', Todd helped me out perfect, even emailed me pictures of how to do it!