Register now to get rid of these ads!

Keep or sell, I need some advice.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 8Flatliner6, Jun 11, 2011.

1. 8Flatliner6

8Flatliner6

So I've got 2 cars and I love them both, but being busy with college has eaten away most of my time and funds. So I'm a bit torn, I have my 53 Chevy which is mostly complete (for a New England car) and wouldn't require too much work to be a runner, but I also feel like it's distracting me from my goal which is my 41 Ford ragtop. I know it will need a lot of work and attention and I probably won't have it running for a while yet, so I wanted opinions, should I sell the 53 and put the funds and time into the 41 Ford custom project that I've been stalled on, or get it going as a runner while I take my time with the Ford?

2. i would say sell the chevy, convertibles are more fun

3. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

keep the convertible... but you know that. ;~) where b pics?

4. Yeah, I would sell the Chevy. The Ford will have the biggest cool factor when done and you will love it. With just one project you will be done a lot faster since you can concentrate on your goal. Besides, 53-54 Chevies are a dime a dozen....:D

5. Squablow

Squablow

Long term projects (like the '41) go a lot easier when you have a driver to use while the other is getting worked on. So if the '53 really doesn't need that much, I'd stick to it until it's roadworthy, then get back on the '41.

6. brad chevy

brad chevy

If you can afford to keep them both but if money is tight sell the Chevy and do the Ford. You did say it was your goal.

7. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

I am in the same situation right now. Not much time and a 54 Chevy and 47 Ford both that I want to work on. I am getting the 54 Chevy ready to drive while I work on the 47. I agree with Squablow if you can keep both go for it.

8. 8Flatliner6

8Flatliner6

I think I'll sell the Chebby, as it is and put the pocket change I'll get for it into getting my Fords flattie running.

9. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Tough call, but I would keep both....get the Cheby running and driving (it will bring more when you do sell it) ....and keep that Ford for future...It will only go up in value...
    Cheers..........

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, what is the third car that you might get that was your GrandFather's? by not posting pics make it hard for us to give input. since you already decided to sell the Chevy post it here in ad section.

11. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

I've found that having multiple projects is too much. I have and have had too many cars for nost of my adult life, but more than 1 project at a time makes it so nothing gets done. If you truly like and want to keep both cars, get the Chevy driveable enough that you can live with it long term and drive the wheels off it while you work on the Ford.

Devin

12. built2grind

built2grind

There you go! problem solved,

13. 8Flatliner6

8Flatliner6

The Third car is a 55 Ford Crown Vic' Glasstop, but My grandmother is in love with the car so it maybe a while before I ever get to touch it, but I think that will be more of a resto job than hot rod. it may be a while before I put it up for sale, since right now the door to the shop is inaccessible. Here's a shot of the chevy as it sits right now, I was gonna drop in an 305 ci sbc (not Hamb friendly but I got it in exchange for some manual labor) , and rebuild the brakes so I'd have a runner.
    http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/12666_1295097301174_1342580224_30816506_1164270_n.jpg

for the ford I posted a thread about it, I'm not sure how to find that though.