Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 Olds Trim Clips

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Super88, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Super88

Super88

Can anyone point me towards a source for the trim clip pictured? It's for the side trim on my 55 Olds Super 88. It is approximately 2 1/8" long and 3/4" wide with the prong on the back for the areas where there is no access to the back side of the body panel. I've tried Fusick's, USA Parts Supply, E-bay, Googled every way I can think of, and even posted on the Classic Oldsmobile site and have come up empty. I tried one type of universal clip that I bought off of E-bay, but it was just too universal to work correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. dooling

dooling

I just bought some clips very similar for my 57 chevrolet. I have not checked the sizes but they are available for 55 and 56 as well. Muttonhollow in Utah is where I got mine. Owned by Mark Brewer, 801-546-3274, or [email protected]. If you call him wait until about 5 pm. his time. Real nice to do business with. I am not associated with them, just a satisfied customer. I hope this is helpfull.

3. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

4. Super88

Super88

Thanks guys. Henry's had just what I was looking for. Is this board great or what?

5. kroozn1

kroozn1

Another good source of clip, trim and rubber is Restoration Specialties.
    Get the catalog.... everything is in real size making it easy match weather strips, window channel, clips or whatever.
    http://www.restorationspecialties.com/

6. Super88

Super88

Stu D Baker, thanks for the tip on Henry's. I phoned in an order on Tuesday afternoon and had the clips on Saturday and they were exactly what I was looking for. They have a huge collection of fastners and I'll definitely be keeping his info in my parts supplier folder. Thanks again.

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Company called Au-ve-co makes millions of clips...most upholstery supply places carry their products...

R-