Register now to get rid of these ads!

SBC 350 Oil change with baffled valve covers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nulbmanager, Jun 10, 2011.

1. nulbmanager

nulbmanager

Sort of a rookie question but I need to change oil but the valve covers are baffled. My concern is that it will not flow since there is a baffle there and will make a big mess.

Does this change anything as far as how I should add the oil back in? Should I remove the covers to refill and put a funnel in through a oil in side the casting so it goes into the valley?

2. Yep, just do it a little slower.

3. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

If you have a cheap plastic funnel you can trim the end down (or up, depending on your perspective) until it fits snugly in the grommet. That way you can fill the funnel and wait for it to drain instead of pooring an ounce at a time for an hour and a half. It's worked for me with baffled covers.

4. nulbmanager

nulbmanager

Thanks the replies. Used a large funnel and just poured it in there, no flow problems at all. Guess I was over thinking things.