Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edsel-1 Volswagen Golf-0

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shainerman, Jun 10, 2011.

1. shainerman

shainerman

On the way back to work from lunch, a 16 year old kid thought it was a good idea to learn how to drive a stick on a public roadway. Leaving the light, going about 15 mph, he kills it, dead stop. 1958 Edsel, 4 wheel drums that arent the best, and in a turn, you do the math. I got a kinked bumper, he got a new backseat. I almost lost my mind until i saw how young the kid was. 8000 pound cars for the win. ​

2. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

oh no. Hows the car look?

3. el shad

el shad

That BLOWS, but guess it could have been alot worse. You and the kid both ok?

4. shainerman

shainerman

Yeah, we're both good. Turns out the kid didnt have insurance, he wasnt allowed to be driving the car, and he was still on a learners permit. He is basically screwed. More by his parents than the law, haha. I didnt get any pictures of the Golf, but it was pretty mangled up. Ill pop up a few pictures of my bumper from a few minutes ago. They didnt want to claim it on insurance since he wasnt covered. I almost felt bad for the lil buy, but its a lesson learned for him hopefully.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Hard to see the damage on your sled. Shoulda gotten pics of his so we could believe you were in a wreck.

6. EchoOfGecko

EchoOfGecko

Hmm, glad everyone is OK. You might be lucky they don't want it to go through insurance, they might determine it was your fault since there wasn't enough space between you and him to stop in time. Sucky deal! :(

7. shainerman

shainerman

^ thats what I said as well. Believe it or not the cop that came was really cool and said instances like this is always determined by driver error. Due to the young guy putting the car in reverse, it wouldve fallen on him. Probably another reason they didnt want to claim. It also helped that there were about 30 witnesses at the ice cream shop we were in front of, haha.

8. EchoOfGecko

EchoOfGecko

Guess he missed the part about VW first gear being left and forward, and reverse being DOWN left and forward. :)

9. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I think I'll send Lee a text saying 'his' Edsel is all banged up :p

Glad everyone was ok and the Edsel, for th emost part, fared well.

10. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Man, glad you both and the Edsel are pretty much ok. But, I sort of feel bad for the poor kid. I guess he shouldn't have been doing what he was doing though. Too bad his wheels got smashed up even if it was just a Golf.

Since it is all just being handled on the up and up, maybe take the chance to help teach him how to drive properly and also steer the kid towards some cool cars. Maybe something positive can come out of it for him. Try to make sure he gets on some proper insurance too. He is pretty luck the cop wasn't all over him for that stuff.

11. Thank goodness it was a Golf- when my wife backed her Expedition into the front of my previous car (66 Mustang) it was Expedition -1 Mustang - 0 lol

12. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I was just kidding on that video I sent you yesterday man, just coz we are some kinda weird step brothers doesn't mean we actually need to EFF esss up.

13. Sorry about your ride. Kids must LIVE AND LEARN. M.E.L. power for the win!

James

14. rixrex

rixrex

Edsels are TUFF..I posted a year ago?, Sally drove our 59 through a stone mailbox, some barbed wire, and a bush with about the same noticeable damage...

15. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Dude it's a good excuse to get some chrome work done now. At least you didn't get into the "impact ring". That horse collar is considered part of the bumper ha ha.

Now what did you do about the brown stains down the back of your pants?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  16. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Change your sig line to hella packed and hard to flush. I know I woulda crapped my pants.

17. shainerman

shainerman

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

For real, I didnt even see it coming. By the time i saw his reverse light go on, we already hit. I didnt have time to tense up for real. Drew, Ive got Freddie (piewagon) on LBCC checking on some bumpers for me. He supposedly had an Edsel junkyard around the block from his house. Im just going to run it as is for now though. I dont have any extra cash to fuck with it.

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I learned that with no police report there is no fault... becomes a "he said, the red light running bitch in the Saturn station wagon said" type of deal. did the cops write anything down or do nothing?

19. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Check with flat-top bob on here too. I posted up about parts I needed and had q ton of responses fast. That damage ain't terrible and I would do same as you, roll it.

20. shainerman

shainerman

Very true. He made a decent report, but said since I had no major damage I shouldnt be worried. Like I said, the kid didnt have insurance on the car he was driving, so in the end, Im cool with whatever happens. Luckily I just bumped up my insurance on the Edsel so now im prepared to use it, haha.

21. Sorry to hear about this. Glad no one was hurt! Cars can be fixed.....