Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bomber seats dilema

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by huntersv, Jun 6, 2011.

1. huntersv

huntersv
    from Australia

2. Truckedup

Truckedup

Bump this up top ...and...Those are sharp looking seats.You might be able to find someone here to pay,then they can buy them,and ship the seats to you.
    But the more people involved increases risk of a problem,you need a lot of trust and it's going to be a pricey deal. Good luck

3. huntersv

huntersv
    from Australia

yeh i can pay for them and the shipping to the us adress with paypal but finding someone to send them to Aust i think might be the hard part.

4. deuce1932

deuce1932
    from Australia

hey huntersv...try these guys....http://www.shipito.com

I haven't personally used them but I've heard good things from others...

just set up an account with them for a small fee if you do a lot of stuff...

or pay a one off charge for each item.. your call.

hope it helps.. let me know..

cheers.

5. huntersv

huntersv
    from Australia

looks too easy will hav too look into it , thanks deuce1932.

6. sixbangr

sixbangr

7. huntersv

huntersv
    from Australia

8. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

so the seats are 350 and the shipping is 300, whats wrong with that? Sometimes you have to pony up and pay.
    Sounds reasonable to me....try to get them made locally for less...won't happen!

9. Nice seats but save your money. Check with Ted at:

California Airframe Parts Co
    72 98th Ave
    Oakland, CA 94603
    (510) 569-4011

As the name infers this place specializes in aircraft parts of a vintage nature. Last time I was there I saw a stack of seats selling for less than than $100 per. This is genuine military surplus/salvage. They ship world-wide as I remember.

Yes, THE Oakland California...why do you ask?

10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

In case you or anyone else is interested or even care, the guy selling those seats is a rip off artist.

He bought a pair of seats from Mike Mecurio and has ripped off the design and has them mass produced in China.

I asked Mike myself and he confirmed this.

Here is the original source.

http://www.hotrodalleyspeed.com/BomberSeats.html

11. huntersv

huntersv
    from Australia

Your 100% corect he even uses the same pictures , like you say rip off artist!

12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

And the Chinese copies are nowhere near the nice handbuilt quality of the originals either.

13. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I've used www.shipito.com previously. Easy to do business once you set up an account and learn to drive your way around. Great for consolidating lots of smaller items into 1 package, saves on freight. I had some items sent directly here and other larger items shipped to a west coast company for shipping here, imported by an Ozzie company. Only thing is that the later could take a few months to get here once delivered to US shipping company. All you need to do for shipper here is fill out a form, provide receipts and box size to determine freight. Where are you located in Oz?

14. zomb1e

zomb1e

a sheet of 2mm alloy is $100 bucks, have a go ya self!!

p.s im in shepparton if ya need em made or help! cheers!

15. Can you use a set of old austin type steel ones? I have a pair here in wa and there's a few floating around in au.

16. huntersv

huntersv
    from Australia

Thanks for the offers! Darn US guys, they have all the good stuff ,no wonder rodding was & is so strong there.

17. I'd try to find something a little more local, as per Tyler's suggestion above. I just sold a lightweight seat for $80 a few weeks back at a swap meet. Never did positively identify it but it was most likely British, possibly early MG. It was super simple in design and would have been easy to replicate, plus have a lot more integrity than a "bomber" seat that can be somewhat cheesy at times.