Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dudes, got a 1952 Buick Special hardtop!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big hugh ness, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Dudes, quite a few of you guys will remember me from the long drawn out saga that became a nightmare and ended in despair. see
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581985

To cut a long story short, I busted my guts to get that 1950 Buick Down under, but in the end, there were too many ifs and buts and I had to let it go.

Good news is, I have tracked a nice 1952 hardtop down from a guy in the Gold Coast. Looks like a decent project with a fair bit of work already done. Picking it up in a couple of weeks hopefully. It features a rebuilt straight 8, rebuild dynaflow, new brake drums and apparently a ton of other bits. There is still plenty to do, but I am very excited to have found something so soon. More to come!

[​IMG]
    Comes with Coker classic whitewalls, new taillights, rear window, doors are getting repaired. She's a beauty!
    More to come! Thanks guys :)

2. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Sweet! I was one of the readers on your last venture....glad you found something in country that lights your fire....

3. Zykotec

Zykotec

Nice car, and it's great that you have 'landed on your feet' again so fast :) is it an original Aussie-sold car? Good luck.

4. Nice work,...glad you miss out on the will they wont they roulette! Look forward to some happier news and posts from you! :)

5. love those Buicks...glad you were able to get you a ride after the mess you went through in your other post...I followed that one hoping things would work out for ya. looks like they did after all

6. el shad

el shad

RAD! I'm very happy something finally worked out.

7. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

looks better than mine. Let's see more pics! What are your plans for her? I'll have to keep tabs on your progress.The biggest reason my first car was/is a '55 Chevy is because I didn't know what a '51-'52 Buick Special looked like.

Attached Files:

• 058.jpg
      058.jpg
      File size:
      496.4 KB
      Views:
  8. ratt7

ratt7

Gotta love those Buicks !

9. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

Don't even want to know what you paid for it-don't matter-I think you got a better car than the first one was. Just my opinion. Looks like a really solid start to wayyyyyy cool ride!

10. 8inarow

8inarow
    from Virginia

Looks good! Let me know if you need floorboards. I can recommend a guy here that will fix you up.

11. Blackcat333

Blackcat333

Congrats Big H! I'm glad everything worked out! That is one sweet ride

12. robleticia

robleticia

Alright!!! Send post some pics up when you get her home.

13. Ta, guys. the better half has gone into numb mode over this, but who needs sex when you have a Buick :) More pictures soon!

14. joeyesmen

joeyesmen

Cool -- when you get better pics, you should submit them to the PhotoShop thread, see if the artists will work their magic for ya.

15. ausbuick

ausbuick

I saw just this 52 on just cars. tell the dude to pull it of the site........

16. Gorgeous lines,I love them grills too.
    You sure deserve the car after what they put you through.
    good luck

17. 73super

73super

I've got a 55 Buick Hardtop waiting for resto... Will be anxious to read about your project and progress!.... Oy!

18. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

I too followed your last saga, This one os better because now you can what YOU want to it. It'll be your own build and ideas. NICE!

19. Sonny Day Out

Sonny Day Out

All,

It is a Super , not a Special ! It can/will make a difference if you need body parts !

Good Luck,
    Sonny

20. A super? Hmmm. I was sure he told me it was a special. How can you tell? Excuse my ignorance :)
    More news. I would have been taking ownership of it by Friday, but there are a few more bits that the current owner wants to put on before she gets trailered down.

21. Well done ! I think you've done the right thing . Nothing like making your own mess of an old car rather than buying one someone else has already messed up !

- meant very light heartedly but I couldn't help wondering if the other one you wanted would've been a big disappointment once it arrived .

Good luck with your new project , can 't wait to see progress pics .

22. yes, looking back, it did look to be a pretty formidable project. It was just that it looked so damned cool! And I loved that house of kolors maroon.
    Next Friday is the day, dudes!

23. thanks, mate. Pretty right with them. I am told it has new ones included. if not, will give u a shout.

24. Rogga

Rogga

Hi
    The different between Special and Super/Roadmaster are mostly everything.....
    Special shares body with Olds super88 and Super/Roadmaster is Cadillac based.

No fun at all when a seller only says "this fit a 53 Buick"........

Good Luck!

25. ausbuick

ausbuick

Dude do your research.........
    there is a body line change between the two. an super has a fatter body and has a sloping line towards the rear quarter and a extra line through the rear quarter. a special has a staight line at the top of the door line. THe dash is different between the two as well.
    see the pics below.
    [​IMG]SPECIAL
    [​IMG]SUPER

26. Hmmm. It finally hit me; that different line on the rear panel. It took me ages to figure the differernce out. So I have bought a Super? The guy selling it called it a special. I noticed that the engine number ends with a 5 as well, indicating a 50 series if I am not wrong, then she is a 56r. Das ist gut, ya?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  27. ausbuick

ausbuick

yeah buddy 56r is your ride.

28. Well, she is pretty much ready to be transported down here. Got the all-clear last night and now all I have to do is organise transport and she's on her way. Another sneak peak courtesy of the current (and soon to be previous) owner. [​IMG]
    dunno what he has got hiding under that cloth but it sure looks damned interesting.

29. thats a merc, and a pretty damn wild one from what i can see.

oh and congrats on a good buy, you deserve it after the previous shit fight

30. Thanks Fuzzy, yeah, he told me he had just bought something pretty interesting from o'seas. I'll be a nosey parker and ask him :)