Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Help! Can anyone ID this spotlight?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55 1ST SERIES, May 31, 2011.

1. I just got this driver side spotlight off a 48 Plymouth my Dad sold. I'm looking for a matching one for the passenger side. Unfortunately I can't find anything stamped into the housing or cast into the handle. No manufacturer name, part number, patent number...Nothing. Here's some pics. Any & all help would be appreciated.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

By the way, the bulb is about 4" & the diameter of the spotlight is 5".

2. It appears to be a Thompson pistol grip spotlight. They came in a 5 inch head and a 6 inch head. The one I have still in the box has on the instructions a date of 1947

3. Gearhead, wanna sell it? If not, how about posting some pics of yours?

4. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Your father sold the car then you strip it. That happened to me I bought a 54 ford pick up with stacks. When I picked it up the stacks were gone. I was told no it never had stack, but it had holes in the running boards.

5. Dude, WTF are you talking about. I never said anything about stripping the car after it was sold. Idiot. I only mentioned it was off a car my Dad once owned then sold. I threw that bit of info in just in case it would help in determining the make & model of the spotlight.
    Do me a favor, stay off my thread. If you're not helping out with info on the spotlight, mind your own business. Maybe try getting back the stacks you lost...

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

6. Bump for the evening crowd. Gearhead says it's a Thomson pistol grip spotlight. Anyone else have any info or pics? Or how about one for sale?

7. Bump for the weekend crowd.....

8. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

geez what a grump - it isn't the OP's fault you bought it anyway without either demanding a discount or just walking away.

Hijacking threads to WHINE about your own bad deal is gauche

dj

9. narlee

narlee

Is it OK to use the word "gauche" on the H.A.M.B.?:D