Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fords at Carlisle this weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jim 68cuda, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda
    from Virginia

My buddy called me at work yesterday (Thursday June 2nd) and convinced me to take Friday off and ride with him up to Carlisle, PA for the Ford show. We drove up in the morning with the top down on his Sunbeam Tiger, saw pretty much the whole show, and we were home in time for our own local (Sterling, VA) Friday evening cruise in. Here are photos I took today. Keep in mind that Friday is a slow day and I'm sure there would be twice as many cars there on Saturday.
    The link to the first album is a little bit of everything. Lots of 50's and 60's Fords. There was one building with a special display of nothing but 1961 Ford Starliners.
    The second link is to an album of just Mustangs and Cougars.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4&l=1ed30e039e

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4&l=512ef7f57e

Not many T-Birds, and not many cars from prior to 1955.We see more T-Birds, Model A's and Model T's at local AACA shows. I avoided pretty much everything built after '71. Much of the field is 1980-2011 Mustangs. We avoided ALL of those. We also skipped a huge display of Pintos.
    Since I'm a Mopar guy we didn't spend any time looking at the hundreds of parts vendors. We just looked at cars.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  2. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Big Al (NitroFc) will be there with the Frantic Ford funny car

3. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Thanks for the pics. That event is on my bucket list.

4. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

Thanks love those "R" cars

5. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

WOW......great pictures...thanks much.
    Sounds like you had a great trip, including the drive up..
    Good for you.
    Cheers............

6. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

went to this show a couple years ago, wanted to go again this year but couldnt swing it. Not many pre 50 fords show up, very little hot rods and customs...but still an enjoyable show. Saw a badass 55 tbird custom last time I was there, drooled all over it and laughed at all the restorers who shook their heads at it

7. Greezy

Greezy

I was making a delivery in Carlisle yesterday, was hoping to be able to stick around and take in the show. Saw a couple nice cars getting off the pike, but not near the amount I was expecting.

8. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I see an Ozzie XA GT coupe (RHD fastback) :D Unsure if genuine GT numbers though, that shaker hood is not correct, it's off the earlier XY Ford Falcon GT. Those tread plate floor covers - YUK :(

9. evol55

evol55

I thought I went to the Mustang show not the Ford show. It was mostly Mustang crap. There was a good amount of 60's ford stuff in the parts area.

10. My friend drove 150 miles each way = 300 total to find parts for his Model T Ford

He told me he was sorry he went.
    " No Parts for my car, It was like a Ford Mustang Event" he said --

Wow - NO parts for his year ford or early fords ???

11. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

I was a vendor at the show for the first time....80% of the parts in the flea market were Mustang....lots of buyers there on friday...saturday was show people....not much buying and I packed up and left right after a late afternoon shower....had a good time and met a lot of new hambers....and I want to say THANK YOU to EMS Customer Service for the use of one of their spaces in the flea market....stan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. I went for the first time. We were there on Thurs and Friday. I really enjoyed the show....well the swapmeet. We hardly looked at the cars. I bought LOTS of stuff at the swapmeet, but not much early Ford at all.

I did score a windshield frame for my Model A, a Rupp mini bike, an old sled, tools, etc and picked up my tires at the Coker booth plus ALOT more.

My friend picked up his order of Mustang parts, and scored a set of pedels for his '67 that were under priced.

We went to the York Nationals on Sat. We left at 1pm and I arrived home at 10PM! Long drive but I had a great weekend.

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, Fords with Ford motors!! Thanks for pics. have a '51 Ford coupe project now with a 302/C4, had a 66 Fairlane GT 390/4 spd and a '47 Ford Coupe with a 302/ 4 speed.

14. sawzall

sawzall

i was there Friday as well..

meeting up with chevsotolac and Jeff the hermit was perhaps the best part of the day.

what I saw of the show looked more like a new ford dealership than anything else.. for the most part it was late model ford mustang after late model mustang..

I thought that the swap meet was great.. because I bought a NOS 1940 ford woodie rear bumper..

15. We swarmed the place with 'Birds in '97 for the VTCI International Convention. Great venue, have wanted to get back for the swap meet ever since - only one that's taken me 6 hours to go through and not see anything but Ford stuff. And oh all the '50s-'60s Fords...drool...