Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion @ Shadyside Dragway, Shelby N.C. 05/21/2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 10, 2011.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Sorry Uncle Vic I meant SHOTGUN and should have known better that there were people born before the FDR administration that were following along and would in turn be lost when I said that. So for that I apologize homie :D.

2. Uh Josh,surely you don't think the Deuce Run is tomorrow do you?,,it's Saturday June 4th,,You might reconsider with that tidbit of information. :D HRP

3. Yes - for a brief moment I thought it was Friday this afternoon! Damn it. Now I have to go to work for 2 more days. Too much estimating and quick hamb breaks.

Keep em straight Vic! ha ha ha

4. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Here is some more pics made at Steel In Motion. All credit for the pictures goes to Chad Howell.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

6. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

7. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

8. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

9. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Not sure if Chads on the H.A.M.B. but good job on the pics. buddy!

10. Nice pics Chad!
    Got the trophy in house. Damn that's an awesome trophy! You guys must have a ton of hours in that. It will get a primo spot in the shop. I didn't realize how cool it was until I got it home. Its an honor to have this guys!

Hard to get the detail in the camera but there is a ton of metal flake and striping on here that is over the top!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  11. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Great pics. Looks like a REAL good time!

Anymore more shots out there??

12. BigBlackCadillac

BigBlackCadillac

Killer pics from Chad!

13. Is it just me, or does Tony look like the Fonz? :D

14. Killer pics man, nice shots. Beer for Chad.........!!!!

15. GatorRacer

GatorRacer
    from Greer SC

16. Check this out
    Nostalgia Drags@ Reynolds, GA
    Sept.29 is the date this year for the annual bash @ Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, GA http://www.silverdollarraceway.com/default.html . Always a fun time for Run What You Brung Nostalgia Drags, Car Show, and Swap Meet.
    It's a laid back fun time on a quarter mile strip that meets NHRA specs, but with rules you can live with and be safe too. No classes, RWYB is the class!
    Same for the car show, and there will be T-shirts available for preorder soon and will be announced and priced here on this thread..
    The swap meet is about as laid back as the rest, first come first space choice whereever you wanta set up. No fees as yet for swap meet vendors.
    Ticket prices; spectator $10, to race-car and driver $20. Kids under 12 with adult free.
    Camping is welcomed for Saturday night, and the restrooms and porta johns will be open and free. I believe you can get an electric hookup for a fee, if anyone needs that, let me know and I'll check. IIRC, there's an RV dump station also.
    Concessions stands will be open, plus you can bring your own grill, or join the Sock Fuckers at our campsite and use our big grill, just bring a bag of charcoal, cause that big sucker eats it!
    Sept. 29 is an "off" date for the track and we'll practically have it to ourselves. There will be approx. 30 cars there for tech inspection and test'n tune for the big event the next week a SGMP@Adel,GA. Silver Dollar sends a 30 car "team down there for a shootout for spots later @ Pomona CA.
    There may be a few others straggle in but we always have more than enough time to run.
    Track gates will open @ noon on Sat. Sept.29/2012. Hope to see you there! Questions welcomed, and we'll get you an answer if we don't have it!
    Dave