Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Moon / Eelco Hydraulic Throttle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 61cad, Jun 1, 2011.

1. I scored a Moon Hydraulic Pedal last month. Cooll as all get out but, it needs a rebuild. The hose is dry rotted and seals may need to be replaced.

I went to every shop in town that builds hydraulic hoses and they wont touch it. Anyone have a source for having these rebuilt?

2. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Try a McMaster-Carr, or Grainger catalog - they have premade hydraulic hoses in more sizes than one person could ever need. If there is a cylinder on the pedal, either one may list seals/o-rings in the sizes you need.

dj

3. Muttley

Muttley

Try the local towing supply place.

4. oj

oj

The ones i've seen run teflon tubing and yor-lok fittings - swing by one day Jay for a looksee, i've got that stuff layin around. You do know they are illegal for competition, right? If the throttle gets stuck there is no way to pull it back.

5. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Do a search for CNC and Jamar hydraulic pedals....very common stuff in the VW offroad and sand rail world. I'll bet some of it will be similar.....may have seals.

6. Going on the FED ;) The whole deal is illegal for competition:p

7. They won't touch it!

8. That's current hydraulic slaves ............... This is old school going on a restoration / recreation of 1964 Chassis Research Front Engine Dragster.

9. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

With a little effort one can hide a push-pull cable inside the whole assembly and be worry free and have better throttle responce and feel

10. Here are some pics to look at:

Attached Files:

11. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

sure...........

call mooneyes ask for chico kodama and see if he can take care of it for you.

12. Great lead ................. But, he lost contact with the last person who did that type of work!

Thanks for your help!!!

Jay

13. bump for the west coast

14. 26 roadster

26 roadster

I have one of those hanging in the rafters, was going to use it for a movable wing (air brake) like to old Chapparell race cars

15. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Any decent hydraulic shop, one that rebuilds cylinders and pumps, should easily be able to fix ya up....

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  16. gas pumper

gas pumper

Unscrew that brass nut and lets see what the fitting looks like. And take a measurement of the OD of the threads.

It's probably made from common stuff. Nobody is gonna reinvent the wheel for a low production item. Everything used there should be common.

Might even been made from what at the time would be found in military surplus stores. And old military stuff is what a lot of racing and hot rod parts started out as.

17. If you know of one ................ Send me a PM.. I will mail this baby off with no problem!

18. dwrfab

dwrfab
    from Dallas TX.

Hose fast in Garland Texas . Robert Scott is the repair man there and He and his dad have a junior fueler, dragster. Google it in 75042 as I don't have the number handy.
    Don Ross

19. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

I bought one a couple years ago that was leaking, you should be able to get the seals from NAPA. Cant help with the hose though. FYI, don't over tighting the hose to the cylinder, it's very easy to twist off the threaded "nipple" part being that it's aluminum.

20. Thanks Don............... I'll contact them Thursday!

21. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

A friend of mine works at one....so if ya can't come up with something locally, maybe we can get ya fixed.:)

22. Great News!!! .......... Hugh (26 roadster) sent me a very nice Moon Unit today!

This thing is the TIT's and will make our dragster that much special!

THNAKS HUGH!!!