Register now to get rid of these ads!

Headed to Casper Wyoming on the 10th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by toddjw73, May 31, 2011.

1. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

I'll be heading out to Casper Wyoming on the 10th. Actually to Bar None. I've only been out there one time a couple years ago. The Mrs and I will be going to visit her Grandmother and Aunt and Uncle. Can anyone on here tell me what good things to do there? I want to put my camera to good use and get some good shots of the NOT SO NORMAL stuff that a tourist would take a pic of. Anyone with a Cool Ride that will make the Normal look way cooler that I can shoot?

Throw me your input!!!!

2. dsr_54

dsr_54

3. Brickster

Brickster

4. Casper? Sorry to hear that!

5. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

Thanks dsr_54 and Brickster! I hope to have something fun to do and hanging out with the car crowd will be more fun than doing nothing at Grandmas house.

I know we plan on going up to Devils Tower and or Mount Rushmore. New territory for us. Never been anywhere in that area.

Any More Input Out There???

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  6. Try the Wyoming Social group. Pretty active.

7. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

How do I contact the Social Club?

8. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Does the wind ever stop blowing there?

9. not in casper ^^^ its always windy.

You have to go farther north past casper to find that luxury.

10. EPestal

EPestal

any one heard of scarbird heard he builds disk brake conversons for about any thing what is his location or email thanks [email protected]

11. poop

poop

tokyo massage

i belive that's the place

brickster recomends

12. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

Thanks Tman! I just put in to join the club.

13. Fr. Buick

Fr. Buick

I was out that way five years ago, so this may be out of date... But I had a great time there.

On US 20/26, about an hour or so west of Casper, and past "Hell's Half Acre" (worth a stop) is a small gas station and store with some old salvage cars behind it. A very old man was running it, and I got some nice '54 Buick parts from out of there.

It was a small yard, but had what I wanted.

Have fun!

14. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

We must have drove right past that place! We drove 20/26 to go to Jackson. Nice scenic quiet long drive, but worth it. I'm not sure if we will be heading that direction again, but I'll look for it if we do.

15. drag_punk

drag_punk

There's a dragstrip in Douglas, WY, there's a race there this weekend. Nice little low key track. Great fishing in the cowboy state if that interest you.

16. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

Anything else anyone can think of?

17. Blackie

Blackie

I grew up there. Natural Bridge east of town is a great place. If you head south go to Pathfinder reservoir as they are having record runoff and the Platte is running over the spillway. Its a rare sight. Fremont Canyon is just down the road and is beautiful. They are having flooding issues so Im not sure if roads will be blocked.

Sent from my POS phone.

18. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

Thanks Blackie!

I remember heading towards Natural Bridge the last time, but it was raing pretty good, so we had to head back into town. All 3 sound like fun things to check out.

It sounds like we'll be doing some running around on some Quads somewhere on Sunday. That should be fun. Definately have my camera for some decent shots.

Me and the Mrs. wil be leaving when she gets home from work on Friday. I plan to drive straight through. I want to be at the Salt Flats by 5 am for some early morning pictures. Then off to breakfast in SLC. Then off the rest of the way until we get to Casper by late afternoon.

ANYMORE INFO?

19. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

Well we made it home!
    The sucky part - none of the family had internet access, so I was only able to hit a Starbucks and use their Wi-Fi for about an hour during the entire week.
    As far as the trip, my wifes uncle took us off the beaten path to some places I would have never known about. Since he is a Farm Bureau Investigator, he knows where all the nowhere places are since he has to go to the middle of nowhere to meet up with all the ranchers. Hopefully next time we can see some more areas. We were going to go to Natural Bridges on Friday, but that nasty afternoon storm on Thursday was no help. And, like idiots, we didn't bring the right shoes for the mud. Oh well!

We did get to Crazy Woman Canyon, Elgin Park, Buffalo, and Hole In The Wall on Sunday. Very cool places.

On Wednesday afternoon we went up to Angel falls and took a drive out past Casper Mountain to where your closest neighbor is about a mile away. Good fun! Spent a lot of time with My wifes Grandmother. It was nice to just not do much at times.

I still need to upload my pics to my Razzi account. I'll update when I get them there.

20. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

21. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

Fixed the first link in previous post.

I've been updating my blog about my trip as well. Click on the link in my siganture below if you decide to read some worthless stuff.:D