Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Sins of Steel June 4th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatheadpete, May 23, 2011.

1. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Another one out....Kyle (Polish54) has a '53 Chevy with a crapped out SBC. He'll ride with me n Jen in the Blazer.

2. Its on there in the next 7 days of events. Come on up from Wyandotte. I got relatives from 14th to 21st street

3. rougebeats

rougebeats

Im definately going to be there....minus the 53 though. Going to be my first S.O.S.

4. diamonddrew

diamonddrew

Wouldn't miss it. Maybe the sun will join us, forgot what it looks like.

5. Get ready to experiance things you have only read about in magazines ha-ha. I think there are several Downriver people coming up " north " for the day. Hope you enjoy the show.

6. Weather check 70% chance of Sun or 30% chance of rain ( half full / half empty scenario ) 82 rock and rolling degrees ba ba baby !!!!!! 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!

7. jdubbya

jdubbya

************NORTHERN CONVOY INFO**************

Its that time of year again, we will be meeting up at our usual spot, the BP gas station on the south west corner of Grange Hall Road and Dixie Hwy, at 8 am. and leaving to head to Davisburg at 830ish.

The gas station has recently closed for renovations, but we will still meet there, just make sure you are full of fuel before hand, because we will not be stopping between there and Davisburg.

There is a gas station and small grocery store located just west of our location, at the junction of Grange Hall Rd. and I-75 for any fuel or food needs before hand.

Hope to see you all there, and any problems, got lost, or need further info that morning, feel free to call. Joe (810) 577-7068.

8. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i will be there with the my 32 5 window . the 32coupedeville. i wanted to bring the kopper krate but i just dont have time to get it together.[​IMG]

9. I am planning on being there. Thought I would have something new...err, old to bring this year but haven't had time to do squat. So I'll be there in the same ol thing again. See you guys there!!

10. Drew thanks for bringing the ride up, cant wait to see it live. If you need anything call my cell.

11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

The Shoebox isn't ready.....but The Beer Runner is!

12. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Bring me some Murray's....I'm almost out!

13. diamonddrew

diamonddrew

Will do Pete!

14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Couple more days!!

15. I'd plan at least 3 1/2 - 4 hours from Oscoda to D'burg.

Wow! this weekend snuck up on me in a hurry. Haven't been to a show yet this year, tried to make the BP last month but too busy with work. We'll be there Saturday. Not bringing the '56 but just as spectators.

16. Stayed up past Midnight striping Trophies. Looks to be a n nice mid 80's sunny day. bring your SPF 25 and your beverage of choice. Got some surprises coming in for show day hint can you say real true bitd Gasser ( complete with tropys, etc , etc,) and a complete vintage Drag set up and I mean complete!!!!!! think pulling up to Detroit Dragway in 1964!!!!!! 48 hours from now the mass will be pulling into the good old dirt lot!!!!! see ya's there if ya see a big 6'4 240 pound galoot with a SOS staff shirt on say Hi I dont bite ( I might nibble if she digs it )

17. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Gonna get a couple bikes (actually a bike and a trike) loaded in the Silverado tomorrow. No hot rod this yr :(.

18. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

19. 30% chance of rain, which sounds about right for Davisburg.

See you guys Saturday.

20. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Rain don't hurt.

21. sounds like 70% chance of sun to me Ian. You besides a bitchin show you can count on a bitch of a sunburn. I can't wait, hell I took tomorrow of to get started early

22. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

23. Well, I have to be in Sarnia this afternoon, and if I'm so damn close to the border I might as well just stick around a night and wander over.

See ya tomorrow.

24. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

I'm leaving Oscoda about 5AM if anyone wants to join up for the run down state. I will be traveling down 23 to 13 then the 15 out of Bay City, anyone know of any problems with the roads on that route let me know.

25. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Well, you mini bike guy's can exhale a big sigh of relief...my buddy's super secret, monster outlaw, pro-mini, will not be running! It will be there, but not racing...make sure you check it out, you can't miss it, you'll know it when you see it...it's gonna be lethal!

26. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Can't wait Randy. See ya there!!!

27. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

How "lethal" could it be just sitting there?

28. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

The monster is ready.....

[​IMG]

29. Got the last of the trophies striped last night. The truck is ready to make the trip, gotta load the mini in the back, man I hope the the weather is like this tomorrow ( fingers crossed )

BTW anyone racing tomorrow needs a helmet, eye protection, long pants and sleeves. You should see the minibike timing tags that will be given to the participants , very nice

30. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Can I race my Choppah Bicycle?