Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Banger RPU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trestles126, May 24, 2010.

1. trestles126

trestles126

I hot some free pleather from a buddy almost matches my seat so per a few beers today I made one side door panel. It snaps on. First time attempting something like this and I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I plan on sewing a pouch on the driver side before I glue it to the panel for my registration n what not. Amy recomendations for the other panels? How to keep them in place tabs n what not

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GARY?

GARY?

Looks like your staying RPU. I really dig this truck.

To update my 4banger radiator post earlier, I'm now running a 7lb. cap. She's happy around 140 and above.

Ah, just read you got new Walker in there, nice:rolleyes::D

3. blitz

blitz

keep the rpu, i love 28 29 roadsters but dont do it. plus if you keep the truck the ride home could be as fun if not funner then the surf. No real room for boards in a roadster huh. you say you want a project get the truck ready for paint. a little off topic but i have had a real love affair with trestles since watching my dad surf lowers when i was like 5 i would go to californa to surf it and blacks alone.

4. trestles126

trestles126

Ya keepin it a Rpu just gettin all the finish work done. Top n interior and paint

As for trestles there's no place like it!

5. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Beautiful RPU man, if you were in the market for a coupe body I'd trade you my 30 coupe for your cab and bed.

I might have overlooked it earlier but is this a brookville cab? It's in damn good shape either way. Easily one of my favorite RPUs out there.

6. trestles126

trestles126

It's all Henry I bought it off a pasadena roadster club guy needed work but was a solid runner. He really gave me a great base for a fun cheaper project. Slowly just getting It cleaned up and learning the bangers and keeping it up and running.

Keeping it a Rpu. Grown fond of it.

Anyone have ideas for kick board panels and the panels at the rear quarter? Been trying to figure it out shoulda bought the unfinished panel set from lebarron but got bored and bought everything I needed for 25 bucks

7. trestles126

trestles126

Finished all but the cowl panels in think they turned out better than I thought they would

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Interior looks great! Nice job!:D Glad your keepin' the rpu as well!

9. RussTee

RussTee

if you use 26/7 tee bows you can fold the hood

10. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Right on man, I don't blame you. I'd keep it an RPU as well. I pretty much did the same with my A coupe, bought a solid runner and it's easily been the most fun I've ever had in an old car. The banger is a blast, (But then I just bought a 21 stud flathead for it) Doing my best to keep it simple, and cheap.

I think your interior is perfect, I love the bedcover and I'm sure the top will turn out just as nice.

11. GDoug76

GDoug76

where did you get those seats done i need to get some like that

12. trestles126

trestles126

Not sire what your referring too.

Also seat was already done I can take pics it hinges forward n the back just pops in place

13. trestles126

trestles126

Question about tranny/diff oil man I bought it from said to run the m-533 600wt fr snyders. It's a 39 merc toploader with the stock banjo both ate fully rebuilt. I've heard alot of guys on here say NO n to use 140wt opinions?

14. GDoug76

GDoug76

yeah id like some pics of the seat much appreciated

15. trestles126

trestles126

Sorry for the delay

The seat bottom hinges off a wood structure and the back to pops in to the wood kit

[​IMG]

16. RussTee

RussTee

Sorry meant if you use 26/27 roadster or RP hood bows the top will fold down 28/29 RP tops dont

17. trestles126

trestles126

finally got to the cowls i had my mother help me sew the pocket on before i glued the fabric in place. It holds my registration and insurance! interiors now all done came out better than i had thought it would makes the car look a lil more fancier and killed a bit of sound.[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. trestles126

trestles126

finished the interior last night and threw my Cooperfish 9'4 flexpig based off a 1955 velzy in the RPU and headed off to San Onofre this am at 5.30 to get together with a bunch of pig fanatics at the Surf a pig.com pig luau. drove from Seal beach down PCH all the way thing did great, the way back got a lil hot in stop and go traffic but no signs of overheating or fatigue!

19. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Damn I LOVE this Rod !! Wish I had the cash to take it off your hands...

HC.

20. trestles126

trestles126

Question about tranny/diff oil man I bought it from said to run the m-533 600wt fr snyders. It's a 39 merc toploader with the stock banjo both ate fully rebuilt. I've heard alot of guys on here say NO n to use 140wt opinions?

Also what brand amd weight motor oil are u banger guys running