Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks man, actually i could have made them a lot nicer but im rushing now trying to get the car done :confused:.

and to every one else thanks again

2. Rattaxi48

Rattaxi48
    from ohio

damn cody looks like i will need to take some time off soon to come down and help sling some mud collision shop is slow so i may be able sneek away

3. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thers still a lot more to do before im in the full out filler stage Nate, but ill deffently let you know when the time is ready , i could always use a hand on filler work :D

4. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks man , yah it was nice meeting you too

5. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

More Monday updates,
    Today I spend a lot of time welding things that were never fully finished on the floors and of corse there still a lot more welding to be done . Also I started installing the gas tank , since kingswoods gas tanks are so hard to find in decent shape , I decided to find something that was close the size and shape of the orgional kingswoods gas tank. what I came up with was a 56 ford gas tank which they make repops of thoes .everthing on the tank is in the right place , just the filler neck needs a little less angle to it .

Also since I can't leave aneything alone I had to modify the rear bumper not by much , I just always hated the dip in the center of the rear bumper on 59s so why not fill it in .:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Of corse it's not metal finished out yet I can always do that some other time .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some one a while back wanted to see how I mounted the rear to the trailing arms here's your pic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. hemifarris

hemifarris

7. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Dammit your good. U my hero. I love what your doing with this wagon. Keep in going.

8. Man that's gonna be one more sweet ride. Can't wait to see it finished. You should be very proud of your work.

9. Rustic

Rustic

crisp clean work, good ideas, and awesome standz never go out of style. nice job.

10. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

great idea on the gas tank, they are all hard to come by and yours would be the worst if you wanted original

11. ricktard

ricktard
    from spokane

looks amazing, keep up the good work

12. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

13. I wouldn't let a gallon of paint hold me back if I had a better idea.

I'm thinking a two-tone rootbeer brown.... dark metallic on bottom & a full-on bass boat flake in a lighter rootbeer brown on the top & fins.

Do you have the paint dividers for the fins on the rear doors and quarters?

JH

14. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Great fucking job man!!! Attention to detail goes a long way man!!!

15. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Rootbeer sounds bad ass man how's your elki comming ?

I love the gallon of ciber green matallic paint that i bought and wouldnt change that for aney thing , i just cant make up my mind on the top. decision decision . and na i dont have the dividers for the fins .

Thanks man, im a huge fan of your work and love your caddy build .

16. I have looked at the rr bmpr lip on top, with dismay myself.. but I hadn't thought of that. That's whats it all about, right there! Great work, sir!

17. hemifarris

hemifarris

Hey Cody and Jim, if you need paint dividers, go to www.elcaminostore.com and go to their 1959 section. in the search box, type in "paint dividers". They reproduce them now for El Caminos. They're $199.99 per pair for exact duplicates. A lot cheaper than the beat up ones on eBay. Their part number is 05-1074. I hope this helps. P.S ,It says they're not for wagons but I think they're referring to 4 door wagons......Mike

18. The El Camino paint dividers won't work on the four door wagons. They were VERY different pieces. The 4 door wagon dividers are actually 4 pieces - 2 on each door & 2 that continue on under the short quarter windows on the forward edge of the quarters.

I have a set for a 4 door wagon. I bought them thinking someone might need them. Got no use for them personally though. I have $100 in them & would take that for 'em.

Thanks, Jim

19. hemifarris

hemifarris

That's why I said they weren't for 4 door wagons............:)
    Mike

20. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

More Monday updates
    [​IMG]
    Made new supports for the gas tank to bolt to.
    [​IMG]
    And straps too
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also took the wagon off of the Jack stands today to see how low the back end of the car would go down , with all the work and measurment I have done when its all air out the frame is one inch off the ground exactly what I wanted .
    Also a big thanks to ls1wagon on giving me pointers on moving the rear back, it saved me a lot of time .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Damn you are doing some great work on your wagon. You have some talent for sure and thanks for sharing it all. Too many things to tell you what i like but keep it up!!

I say FLAKE the top.......

22. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

Been following this build for a while. Crazy skills you got. X2 on flake the top!:cool:

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

No one will notice that the bumper dip is gone, that's why I admire the heck out of you.

24. Agreed.

Question though - what was the bumper dip for in the first place?

JH

25. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

The bumper dip is designed for the passenger cars with the fuel filler behind the license plate. The dip allows you to open the hinged license plate enough to fillerup.

Obviously not necessary on the El Caminos and wagons.

26. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

Lookin good man! makes me want to find more time to work on my projects!!

27. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

I'm impressed first off.
    Secondly I'm ashamed to say I have projects that are older than you.
    :eek:

28. Makes sense. You learn something new everyday.

Thanks!

JH

29. As many modifications that are being done to this wagon, it remains uncluttered and clean.

keep it up, and keep us posted.

30. Cody Walls

Cody Walls