Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 32 3-W Survivor "Tuffy" part 2

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by kisam, Nov 24, 2009.

1. kisam

kisam

Hey guys, I've got two days off this week!! If all goes well, I will have a "Maiden Voyage Video" for you! That makes me nervous just thinking about it! The engine and tranny are back in and I am buttoning things up now! Back to the shop! Stay tuned!!

2. Thanks for the up date Kathy, waiting on the video.

3. F&J

F&J

4. GEISTERFAHRER

GEISTERFAHRER

I Love these two threads I can't wait to see the offical voyage. Love the Build keep up the great work. I will keep lurking in anticapation

5. 34 Plymouth Hemi

34 Plymouth Hemi

Kathy;

You're doing a great job on Tuffy!! Take the maiden voyage when your ready, I'm sure he's looking forward to it as much as you are!!!

Just remember the sound of a hemi running hard in a Hot Rod is addictive!!!! ;):):):D

Bob

6. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Did it happen today???

7. kisam

kisam

I'm so close it's not even funny! Got him fired up last night at 7pm. I still need to adjust the clutch and put the steering box back in. It was all going "Oh so well" - let's just say fingers and fan blades don't mix.

8. What happened?

9. WTF? are you Ok?

10. 34 Plymouth Hemi

34 Plymouth Hemi

Kathy;

I hope your ok!!!

Bob

11. chaddilac

chaddilac

Ahhh crap... seriously?:confused:

12. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

ditto!

13. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Here's to hoping you still have all your digits!

14. kisam

kisam

I am ok. I got very lucky! It happened so fast. I was putting the radiator cap on and I can't see squat without my glasses. Thought I was being very careful but it just caught the nail on my little finger and yanked two more in. I went to auto pilot cause the next thing I remember, the car was shut off, I had my hand wrapped up in the inside of my shirt and I was at the shop door when I decided I had better lay down. The pain was about to make me pass out. I called Tanya and told her to bring ice, I could feel my hand swelling ( funny part was I somehow grabbed my beer (1st one) on my way out of the shop:)). The force split the ends of my fingers open as it was hitting my nails. I don't recommend this!

15. Kathy, thank God your OK that has happened to so many people. I have a good friend who now goes by Fourshort (one word)... The really bad thing is the poor guy was in shock and pointing at the fan to tell us what happened and ALMOST put his other hand in the fan...:eek::eek:

Is there any way to put a shroud around it? Or paint it red?

Sorry to hear that happened...

16. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

Ouch!,hope your ok.hows the hand?

17. kisam

kisam

There is a shroud but it goes up a little higher than the radiator leaving a gap. I'll address that tonight. I fear that if my palm had not been against the cap it would have pulled it on in. It scared the crap out of me!

18. mastadon

mastadon

Sorry to here about your accident,I don't remember how many times I've done that at work but it sure gets your attention when it happens.I've got one of those 4 blade fixed fans on my 51 with no shroud so what I did was paint the tips of the fan yellow,it works.Hope your hand is feeling better.

19. Not trying to be a smart a$$, but I have this sticker by my engine to remind me to think...

[​IMG]

20. kisam

kisam

That's funny! I'll be looking for one of those!;)

21. 34 Plymouth Hemi

34 Plymouth Hemi

Kathy

Glad to hear that you were not seriously hurt!!!!

I hope you heal quickly!!!

Bob

22. Glad your OK. I have also had my fingers clipped by the fan. Scares the shit out of you!!
    Good move getting the cold beer to keep the fingers cold until ice arrived ;) I need to get one of those signs

23. Who's the tuff one now .
    .pain and pleasure ..

Pick one oops ya did now get the other..

24. kbettin

kbettin

Ron seems to be trying to get your attention. Another one of his little lessons. I think he's trying to tell you not to take Tuffy for granted, a small mistake and Tuffy was never forgiving.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  25. kisam

kisam

I think you are right Kay. Ron has my full attention! I am going back over every nut and bolt.

26. kisam

kisam

Here's a video I messed with just before my fingers got chewed on.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. Kathy, I see the "Gap" you mentioned in the shroud above the radiator... Ouch!!!
    Like the Video tho.

28. aldixie

aldixie

Ouch Kathy, Glad it wasn't too bad, made me cringe. Moral of this story always make sure your fridge is full of cold beer.

Hope for a Speedy recovery. Video looks good.

Alex

29. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

cool video,Hows the hand? Tuffy is waiting to play