Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got Fired today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nmbuellist, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. same sorta deal for me......minus the high paying first job :D. I went from average pay to average pay with benefits.......I have 15 more years :eek:.

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Did the same about eight years ago... Woke up one morning in 2003 and realized that I had already spent 263 nights in hotels that year, and it wasn't over yet! Sure miss the big $$, but I don't miss the pressure, insane hours, and the fact that the next guy up always seemed to garner the credit for my hard work. It's nice to be an itinerant Hot Rod builder these days...

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'm retiring June 1st after 43 years. I'm ready to go

4. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Could always be worse.
    Could have a puzzled proctologist.

5. cheveey57

cheveey57

Congrats & I wish you a long healthy retirement.

6. belair

belair

It's not a set-back, it's an opportunity to go a new directio. Good luck to you.

7. Kerry67

Kerry67

I got laid off last August.....Stressed to the gills about it. Was working 1 week later....Less pay but I like the job. Then, my wife (who was the bread winner) lost her job after 19 years about a month ago.....Denied her un-employment. She started her new job this past Monday. Again, less pay but it should be a lot less stress on her and hopefully that will fix some stuff around home. So as of right now, things are looking ok. Gotta make changes, spend a lot less, look careful at the budget and do what we gotta do.

It will all work out in the end for you as well. Until then, good luck !!!

8. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

WTF ..... it took me 15 years . Now iam really pissed . The only job i like my ole lady takes care of . GOOD LUCK .
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

9. flathead freak

flathead freak

my dad asked me about three years ago how much money is it going to take before you retire. i retired the next week got to spend a year with him before he passed wish i had done it sooner now im going to the shop to work on my roadster. flathead freak

10. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

I escaped my Auto Body business after 10 nightmare years.I was unemployed for about a month.It was great and now I have a job with benefits and a retirement.I still miss that month.Enjoy the time off!!!

11. hear ya....and know where yer at....hang in there....it's nuts to work for ball breakers....

12. I got fired once. Hours were lousy, pay was weak, work was back breaking and most of all, the boss/owner was a real asshole. As I was walking out the door, I remembered I was self-employed.

13. The large, Chicago-based aerospace company I worked 14 years for finished outsourcing my group last month.
    While I do miss the paycheck, I have something now that I didn't have then - A BUILD THREAD ON THE HAMB!
    PS. I've been in this situation before and it has always turned into something better. To those in the boat - Enjoy the ride. Soon you'll miss the time...

14. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

I hope everything goes well for you..... I know what your going through...
    I didnt fit in to the setting where I worked at too... I got let go back in mid Nov. ...

15. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I got laid off from my last real job 4 years ago. Jobs suck and I hope I never have to be anyone's bond-servant again. The best part about any job is the day you are walking away from it for the last time. In the oil field we called it the twist, or twisting off.

16. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Jobs are lame anyway. I quit mine 2 years ago to open a business and while that comes with it's own set of headaches as you know, I will NEVER work a regular job again.

Good luck man, sounds like you're not worried about it.

17. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

This guy disagrees with you porknbeaner. I bet everyting will work out it sounds like its off to a good start with the fresh paint.

Attached Files:

18. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

---------------------------------
    Yes....now come along quietly....it almost
    time for your meds.:eek::eek::D:D

Mart3406
    =============================

19. fleet-master

fleet-master

....a fresh coat of pink...

all the best tho for the future..don't think I'd ever go back to a 9-5 job either

Attached Files:

20. chevy1937

chevy1937

happened to me a couple of times, first time I worried about it but had a new crappy job 4 hours later, hated it to bits and was glad to be laid off 4 months later, but went on to bigger and better things, now im an assistant manager at a electrical wholesalers,

21. Deuces

Deuces

Ummm... What's facebook?? :rolleyes:

22. gcessna

gcessna

Do you mean T-120?

23. ^^^

24. Deuces

Deuces

There's plenty more other threads you could read up on... :rolleyes:

25. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

For several reasons, employers are often reluctant to hire people who were previously self-employed.

With the job market as tight as it is, people are putting up with work environments they would probably leave in better times. Employers and employees know where they stand. It's not unheard of for one side or the other to take advantage of circumstances. For example, in good times unions have more power. When things are tight employers can demand more.

26. hemiman_1999

hemiman_1999

A year ago the plant that employed me as plant manager closed it was the 3rd position in ten years I have lost due to 2 closing and 1 downsizing. I am 59 and the interviews are very slow in coming its sad to hear how many people my age are going through this but its the same all over the place right now hang in there it will get better and you will find something..Now I am off to Indy today..

27. Mr Blue

Mr Blue
    from Florida

Keep the faith, it happens to all of us from time to time. I say it's time to reinvent yourself. Don

28. TheLindsey

TheLindsey

I got fired or laid off 3 times within the last 2 years. I went back to school and now I have an interview for the job I always wanted tomorrow :)

29. schwerko

schwerko
    from bristol ct

Well said!!!

30. nulbmanager

nulbmanager

I used to work for the "Man in the Funny Hat" here in Lincoln. Leaving that sideways place was one of the best things I've ever done, I bet great things are on the horizon. However working there has now lead to appreciating a great job and a great work environment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.