Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need a little help with a Studebaker Frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by draginsteel, May 16, 2011.

1. draginsteel

draginsteel

Thanks if anyone has taken the body off a Studebaker.
    I have the attached frame I don’t really need, can anyone identify it for me so I can properly list it? If I did list it in a small market what is it worth?
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My best guess a mid thirties car!

2. 5brown1

5brown1

My book shows 1934 up to 1946 only. None look like the one you have.

3. aircap

aircap

Check over on the Studebaker Driver's Club forum!
    Good folks with helpful attitudes....

4. draginsteel

draginsteel

Thanks Great Idea!

5. Kinky6

Kinky6

Two thoughts - 1., if you don't find anyone who would want to put a Stude body on top of that, it would be a great candidate for a three springer. Cut off the rear of the frame and graft in a Model A rear crossmember, put on a cut-down one or two seat body, and kick up some dirt!

2., check the bolt pattern on the wheel lugs. If they are something handy, like 5x4.5" or 4.75", having a matched set of four stamped spoke wheels would be worth a couple of greenbacks to somebody.

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

6. draginsteel

draginsteel

I went to the Studebaker Driver's Club forum as suggested, of course I had to register, Ok fine! They have yet to acknowledge me and give me the oppurtunity to post. Be thankful for Ryans leadership!

7. aircap

aircap

You had to register here, too. Shouldn't be a problem over there.

8. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

9. draginsteel

draginsteel

You wouldn't think it would be a problem, but a week later I'm still waiting to get approved to POST. That's why I said Thank Goodness for Ryan.

It appears the frame is a 35-37 Studebaker probably a sedan like the "Dictator".What a name for a car, with WWII and all.

10. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

I was able to post right away!
    Just remember there are alot less guys on there and answers come back rather slowly, but they do know what they are talking about

11. Studebaker Drivers' Club guys give a new meaning to cheap. Put it on eBay in a Good Until Cancelled listing for 20 cents a month for $500 or best offer and sell it to the first guy who waves enough money at you to make it worth your while.

12. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

^^^ x2!!!
    I ended up with some really rare stude parts recently, lots of picture collectors over there!
    Christ, a little rot and rust turns up noses real quick!
    So, if any stude guys are looking for a few pieces of a 1932 model 91 president roadster please p.m. me!!(shameless plug)

13. They said our '51 Stude ragtop had no value, either, and while it's rough all the ragtop stuff is there and it wouldn't be a huge deal to combine it with another, more solid 47-52 Studebaker to build it. Even if you figure parting it out, those parts don't grow on trees.

14. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

15. aircap

aircap

They talking about you over on the Stude Club forum....
    And they're waiting to finally meet you!

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  16. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Why no picture of the front suspension, the pointer for many frame ID questions.
    35-37 would have the Planar front suspension, an early IFS where the front cross-spring is used as the lower control arms, also used later on Willys Pickups and Wagons through the 50s.

17. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

put the frame for sale for scrap price to a restore kinda guy. then take the wheels and sell them for 400 for the set.