Register now to get rid of these ads!

Milwaukee HAMBers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Billa212, May 21, 2011.

1. Sorry to derail this post...but now there's 4 New Berlin guys??? any of you guys hit the local cruise nights? shall we make a plan and hit one?

2. Billa212

Billa212
    from Milwaukee

hahaha...that's the kind of info I need...the whole city of NO smells of vomit and urine, so I was hoping for a change...

3. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

Good luck living on the EAST SIDE and finding parking or working on your car. Pretty much both a non factor. Technically bay view is just as close being an east side in terms of it's proximity to the great Lake Michigan but it's more a working class neighborhood with lots of newer families and a richer history of car culture.

As awesome as the architecture is on the east side and as rad as it's houses are with its palatial estates along lake dr. and the UW system. The car culture is for naught and is more a home for kooks...... Bigtime KOOKS.

KOOKS I say.

If your working in So. Milwaukee the distance and ease of travel in out big little city is way easier in Bay View. There is no reason to go NORTH over the Hoan bridge other than to go to Summerfest..... and even then.

Us cheaters just use the Hoan for a high speed testing facility for qualifying in the S.M.T.A.

Southern Milwaukee Timing Association.

Enjoy,

Jerome

4. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

There are also a lot of world class hot rod artists and pinstripers in the area. There is always something going on!

5. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

Lived in metro area my whole life. Have to say that anything in Milwaukee County will be higher property taxes than in Racine County. Big NO vote on the east side. Great night life but filled with the car haters of the area. South of Milwaukee is lots of gear heads. Northside of Milwaukee can be kind of a rough area if you don't know where you're at. If you are working in South Milwaukee look at some northern part of Racine County for cool more rural area that will be more friendly to projects than in the city.

Finally, Welcome to Town and enjoy Summerfest near end of June at the lakefront. Best live music fest in the country.

6. Blown 61

Blown 61

YOu like cold weather?

7. Blown 61

Blown 61

How does one get tha skinny on these tuesday events??

8. BenzDoctor

BenzDoctor

This is great, I moved up here from IL in February. This is what I was wandering about, I am hoping to get my Buick up here from my brothers house this coming weekend. Welcome to Milwaukee, and thanks for the info from everyone else

9. OHEKK

OHEKK

10. skoh73

skoh73

PBR is a cool guy- but every time I come over he tells me to bring a can of ether, and I can't remember what we did when I leave...

11. Billa212

Billa212
    from Milwaukee

Great info guys! Nice to know there's a scene. I love cold weather. I would move to the North Pole to escape the New Orleans summer...
    Keep it coming...seems like there's a lot of guys benefitting from the shared knowledge

12. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

Oh yeah another "big bonus" in living in the metro milwaukee area.

If you want to settle down and own a house...heheheh. Whatever you were paying in property taxes in New Orleans double or triple it .

Yeee HAW.

Wouldn't have it any other way, I love it. I just wish winter was a little warmer and we had more cement pools to skateboard in.

Rome

13. Jaker

Jaker

Keep in Mind a little bit West of Milwaukee offers cheaper taxes.... and is often referred to as God's country

14. snelson57

snelson57

I have lived East Side (never again), Menomonee Falls (Waukesha Cty) and now NE burbs in Port Washington. Now that I have a family, I am never leaving Port Washington.....But I am telling you, Bay View is where it is at! If I were a young man again....

15. Just because you don't have to lock your doors or take the key out of the ignition when the car is in the driveway or have to worry about the dozen or so cars parked in the yard doesn't make it Gods country... but he certainly gives us his blessings!;)

16. are we supposed to take the keys outta the cars?
    God's country......hell yah!

17. Yuck!

18. Craven Moorhead

Craven Moorhead
    from New Berlin

What are planning on doing for a living in Milwaukee? In addition to the rod and muscle scene there is a great race community here.

19. Billa212

Billa212
    from Milwaukee

Well, despite the fact that I DID stay in school...I'm just a stupid welder. Best choice I ever made was removing the office chair from my backside. I'll be working at one of your large mining equipment fabricators

20. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

Didn't Caterpillar just buy bucyrus erie?

21. Craven Moorhead

Craven Moorhead
    from New Berlin

The market is always in need of qualified welders and it pays well in this market nothing wrong with that. Cat did purchase Buc Erie, my brother in law retires from P&H this July I assume its one of those as those are the two large mining companies here.

22. Hoodlum Rocky

Hoodlum Rocky

Let me know when you get here we can sneek into sock fuckers garage and drink his beer and pee on his tooth brushes!!!

23. Billa212

Billa212
    from Milwaukee

Will do...I've been kind of a recluse here in New Orleans. Looking to switch that up

24. skoh73

skoh73

If you are going to be at Bucyrus, you will be working with at least one other HAMBer- zomstudemize. Good feller.

25. McDeuce

McDeuce

Welcome to Wisconsin ... The land of beer, brats, cheese, good women, and hot rods! Or was that hot women and good rods. Oh well. Welcome !

26. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

yes rome caterpiller did buy bucyrus and they are booming..... big Ray and Josh have both been putting major hours. billa, your going to work for a good company.....

27. Billa212

Billa212
    from Milwaukee

thats good to know...i did some research and they seem like they're really good to work for

28. Jaker

Jaker

my wife works for Caterpillar / Bucyrus- GREAT company to work for

29. o yah...my bro works there, and has a funky smell