Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tornado in Joplin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stude-sled, May 22, 2011.

1. GARY?

GARY?

I don't know what to say.
    I'm hoping for the best out of a really bad situation for everybody involved.

2. I'm so sorry man. I had hoped this was going to work out ok. :(

3. Wesley

Wesley

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. If need be I can be there with Ryan and Porknbeaner, I am sure there will be others.

4. F&J

F&J

X2.

Hopefully you get some comfort knowing so many people saw your first post asking about your missing Dad, and if anyone knew how the Elks had fared.

I was later listening to the Emergency Radio Link that another hamber put up, and an officer called in that needed an EMT for a trapped person going into shock at the Elks.... I was hoping for the best when I heard that location.

Prayers sent for you and your family, Take care.

5. silentpoet

silentpoet
    from NWA

I offer up prayers for the suffering.

I have some cousins in the area, but I think mostly in Webb City. I am thankful they are ok so far as I know now.

6. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am so sorry, Don't what to do or say to make your hurt go away. All I know is to pray
    for you, the family and friends. If you need anything at all just let me know. Missouri is
    only two hours away.

Mick

7. KCsledz

KCsledz

My condolences on your loss. Let me know if your family here needs anything.

8. So sorry for you SociallyDistorted. I bet he spent every minute hoping YOU wouldn't die over there.

The total is now "...officials say 116 are dead and more than 400 are injured. Joplin Fire Chief Mitch Randles says sightseers need to stay out of the area..."

9. MaClutch

MaClutch
    from Midwest

Thoughts and prayers to you and the family!!!!
    And prayers to all in that area!!!!!!

10. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

sociallydistorted – I have friends and family in the area – if you need anything let me know and I'll do all I can.

11. ryno

ryno

please please please, let me know asap if theres is anything i can do for you now. if or when you do get here let me know, ill pick you up, get you a car, give you a room, food what ever you need man.

if money will help, say the word im sure im not alone, we will set up a account for your family.

12. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

I'm sooo sorry. I hope and pray you get home quickly. One breath at a time, then one step at a time, you'll get there...

13. Wesley

Wesley

Ryno, you are not alone, there are bunch of us ready to help, what ever he needs.

14. sociallydistorted

sociallydistorted

I just want to thank all of you for the kind and encouraging words. It means a lot right now.

Ryno, I'm glad you made it through the storm safely. Luckily my grandmother didn't have any damage to her house so when I finally do get back home I'll have a place to stay. She's actually close to CJ. Her house is out by the Sonic on N. Maine and 171. We have a lot of family out there with her since she's going to need all the company and support she can get right now. She's taking this very hard.

15. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

sociallydistorted - Wow. I am so very sorry about your Pops. Thank you so very much for protecting your country overseas. Obviously protection runs strong in your family. May God comfort you in your grief.

16. ryno

ryno

pm me some info, ill make sure shes taken care of untill you arrive. water, food, help with arrangements, whatever. i live in briarbrook, about 3 mins from her. my good buddy lives on 43 hwy at sonic also.

17. sociallydistorted, so sorry to hear of your loss.

18. kustomd

kustomd

I've talked to 46chevy (larry) hes ok and Jerry I don't know if hes on here or not but we finally got ahold of him and hes ok also.

Sociallydistorted I'm so sorry for your loss, Hopefully they can get through the red tape quick enough to get you home in order for you to be with your family. Our prayers go out to you and all the familys affected by this horrible disaster.

Its strange seeing all the destruction and realizing we were just there a few months ago picking up a 48 chevy coupe from 46chevy. We drove by some of the devistated areas when we were up there. This is some very crazy weather this year. Makes me wish I could build a basement for our house.

19. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

My thoughts and sincere prayers are going out to everyone in and around Jopin right now...
    The Show Me state is my home state, and I've got family from down in Poplar Bluff and Richland, clear up to KC... Thankfully nobody was hurt.

20. ken bogren

ken bogren

You have our sincere condolences. I can't even imagine being in your place right now, stuck in a far off place.

But I have to tell you, this next sentence sure speaks well of your Dad!

A man like that must have been very very proud to have a son serve in the military our country. Thank you for your service.

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jesus man, I am another who doesn't quite know what to say. Its one thing to loose a mate over there where its expected but to loose family at home while you are out there?
    I am so sorry mate.
    I hope they get you home soon, until then stay safe behind the wire!
    Talk to your Medics, they have some push with the brass in getting you home quicker.

Doc.

22. AHotRod

AHotRod

If I can help someone, please let me know.

God Bless our fellow Americans.

23. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

Sociallydistorted , my thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time :( , along with everyone else that has been effected by this disaster

24. sociallydistorted, I just wanted to say your beloved Father was a real Hero, as you are. My most sincere condolences brother, may GOD be with you. TR

25. davidh73750

davidh73750

sociallydistorted I am sorry for your loss and being outside the country is only making it harder for you right now. May you find strength for these hard times. Thoughts and prayers are with you. I got chills reading this. I am so sorry

26. Roothawg

Roothawg

We were wondering about you guys. My wife asked again today if anyone had heard any word from you two. Glad everyone s ok.

27. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Its up to 120 confirmed deaths now, the worst in over 100 years, and more severe storms comming into the area tomorrow afternoon. Keep the prayers coming please...

28. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

If any Joplin members were affected by the tornado that went through there and need help with cleanup I am off all this week and I have a backhoe, I can load up and be there in the morning and help all week if you need it. I am not asking for money or any thing else just offering my help, I have a friend there I can stay with that did not get hit so that is not a problem and I have no plans so if you need the help just say the word and I will be there. This is a terrible disaster and I want to help in any way I can, I feel like it is a waist for me to just be sitting here with the week off and the backhoe sitting here not doing anything. Jim 417-593-0885

29. 100% Matt

100% Matt

sociallydistorted, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers. Stay strong my friend...

30. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i am so sorry man. i hope you get to come home soon.