Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage "Ocean City Cruisin'"...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustydusty, May 2, 2011.

1. Anybody going to "Ocean City Cruisin'" May 19-22? It sucks that it's the same weekend as "Jalopy Showdown" at Latimore! It's been a family and friends affair for us for about sixteen years now. Thousands of cars of all types (pre-'75) with a 200+ block cruising route! Several shows in town for different venues and lots of vendors. My old buddy and I will be going down in my new (to me!) '55 Desoto Fireflite. We are staying at "Inlet Lodge" right next to the main show at the Inlet parking lot. Any members want to have a h.a.m.b. get-together?

2. I'll probably head down Saturday, but most likely in my OT Jeep. MAYBE I'll trailer the 55 down. 200 mile round trip on a sketchy rear and a slight header leak, 10mpg and $4.25 for 93 just ain't getting it done.

Excuses, excuses. :D

3. shocker998md

shocker998md

I should be there, either in a falcon or a f100. If both of those are broke ill be cruising with a buddy in a roadster. Ill also be going to the showdown, but OC is in my back yard and ill see some family.

If anyone breaks down in the area of OC or needs some help GET UP WITH ME, ive got friends and family around the shore.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Nice to know shocker! Hopefully I will have no problems! (Knock 0n wood!)

5. hey shocker, i wonder who's roadster that will be? just jokin glad to have you, might want to hitch a ride with you to showdown if you got room?

6. bigolds

bigolds

Probably going...don't know if I'll take the Olds or the 68 Mustang ragtop!!!

7. shocker998md

shocker998md

Yea I should have room, hopefully the truck will be ready to go. Ive got a long story to tell you about a cam, hammer, timing chain set, and a popped out cam plug.

8. OH boy, time to pull the FE. heard u lowered the truck, how much? btw big changes to the roadster!

9. It starts this Thursday, the weather is supposed to be great, and I can smell those Thrasher french fries already!

10. Heading down tomorrow morning! The weather is supposed to be "decent", (chance of a thunderstorm Fri, mosty sunny Sat, and occasional showers Sun.)

11. Was there at the former OC H-D cruise in tonight. I'm told the event registration is sold out. Consider the Steer Inn on Rt 589 N of Ocean Downs on Sat afternoon. https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=159363047458658 I'll be in the 47 Ford Pocono Drag Lodge/ Lyndwood Welding truck.

12. kngfisher

kngfisher
    from Virginia

Heading over sat AM in my 40 Plymouth. 1st time attending and looking forward to it.

13. Hambone64

Hambone64

Well... It was nice except for the assholes in late model Mustangs, Trans Ams, and big ass diesel trucks leaving rubber patches and black clouds all over the town endangering the lives of the 50,000 people in attendance. I live in OC, and next year I'll do my best to avoud the whole damn thing. Although, I did get some pretty cool decals at the Convention Center.

14. Leadfoot327

Leadfoot327

The diesels really put a damper on the weekend. I'm mean really. Who the fuck cares if your truck smokes a lot!!!