Register now to get rid of these ads!

L. A. Street Racing Archive late 70's to ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rice n Beans Garage, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joesimi

joesimi

Ahh, yes Bandini! Boy that guy was wound up everytime we would see him, at the 7/11 on Sepulveda and plummer, Tapo street in Simi . He loved to pick on the younger guys with quotes like "do you need a note from your Mommy to street race" etc. He sorta just vanished in the mid 80s.

2. joesimi

joesimi

Here are some pics of the one of the street race nights at LACR in 85? That nighr Crippled Kevin had his Chevelle, Larry Dixon had his 55 brought out on a flatbed and more that i can remember . I wish i would of took more picks LOL:( I wish i could make these any larger?

Attached Files:

3. I think "HE" needed the note from his Mommy. I don't remember him ever racing. Just a bunch of stupid talk.....like.....how many you spot me if I put my front skinnies on the rear? Dumb shit like that. Well........, I do remember just 2 races. He raced a 68 396 Camaro that a friend of mine bought from me. He won and gave me shit all night about beating one of my cars. I bought the car back, and made him race me the next week with me giving him a 2 or 3 car more spot than he got the week before from my friend in the same car. I won, took his money, and told him to shut the fuck up

4. 4406

from Oklahoma

Thats funny Groucho, one night at Chatsworth & Zelzeh some drunk frat guys came around talking shit. The next thing you know Steve has the shirt ripped off his back.Lapd was cruising by the guy gets in his buddies car,and Steve tells the cops they are drunk & driving

5. Man, Chatsworth and Zelzah. The Cops killed that long running Sunday night spot literally overnight

6. 4406

from Oklahoma

Anybody remember Bob Smith, had a fast small block and alot of sqeeze. He raced Donnie's vega on Sf rd. Had a slight fire during the pass the car shut,then came back on. Not much left of the carb.He had 2nd gear unit,high gear unit and what he called a sacrafice button in case he was losing. He worked with me @ galpin for a while.

7. that's what we get for having a spot at a doughnut shop (Winchells)

8. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

9. NVR2QWK-

NVR2QWK-

thanks for all the good words about my red camaro..it was alot of bad ass fun back then

10. joesimi

joesimi

Btt... once more

11. vintstreetrcr

vintstreetrcr
    from Ca

Here's one from the era. This AMX was out of Northridge, and made quite a few night runs. Anyone remember going up against it?
    [​IMG]

12. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

13. Put the pic of the AMX on The AMC Forum and check it out... :)

That car is in Morro Bay-
    Before when HillBillyBob first set eyes on it or bought it down in the San Fernando Valley where it had been for 30 plus years:

[​IMG]

And after in Morro Bay ( 52 miles north of where I live ) he sort of road track days it now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

BTT lets bring it "Back"

15. Such a rad thread!

16. paddybuilt

paddybuilt
    from SoCal

We used to Go to Bob's in Tulaca Lake and size up each other then race on River Rd and Barham just accross the LA river from Warner Bros. We had 2 hours of street racing on Sunday afternoon with towed in cars! no Cops! no Traffic, Also raced at Grand Central, Would meet at some church parking lot on Glenoaks in Glendale. Big Willie was there with his Superbird. Big Willie would hold the money. Grand Central was cool! industrial area in Glendale, very wide, old airport, tow ins, remember one night the cops watched and when we were done broke it up. Went to Fletcher a few times. miss those days, Eagle field this weekend is as close as you are going to get to those good old days of American Muscle street racing

17. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

Any info on this car? Does anybody know what years it ran, because I might know a little. But before I say I want to make sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.