Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone had their car in a Parade?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, May 19, 2011.

1. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

My son asked if we could drive the Corvair in the next parade in town.
    I think it would be fun, but I know at 7 years old, it would be a total awesome father / son memory for him and make him feel important.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. squirrel

squirrel

My boys have been in countless parades in my old cars, I don't think there was any permanent damage from it.

3. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

We always do a parade on Sat morning of the Jackson rod run. My neices used to get a kick out of waving back at everybody and throwing out the candy they didn't pocket for themselves to kids in the crowd.

4. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

I think your right, something he will remember forever. Go for it!!!!

5. LongT

LongT

Not a parade but close. My club drove around the warm-up track at a local minor league team before a game. My grand daughter seemed to like it.

[​IMG]

6. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

I've done the Pueblo NSRA parade a few times. Had a friends 12 yr old son in the rumble seat many years ago. He showed a lot more interest when he was spotted by some friends of his half way into the parade. He is now a good car guy building his own toys.

7. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Not yet..........maybe when I'm older.

8. my car is entered at a show this weekend and they have a parade, i think ill just sit and watch them,i dont feel like driving around the block and coming back to park again

9. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

We do our village Memorial day parade, It a good parade becaause 90% or the route is downgrade meaning you can just coast along. till just before the end. Lots of folks toss candy out to the kids. Kids are spoiled, we toss dog treats, as lotsa folks bring their dogs to watch along withthe family. Cars except for convertibles carrying pompous local politicians, are at the back of the line. The only problem is there is no gathering spot at the end of the parade, so everyone just drives off.

10. railroad

railroad

Do blue light parades count??

11. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

I've done a few when tied to a rod run. The locals seem to enjoy it. I figured that I should participate to help out those oragnizing the gathering. We throw candle which is a waste fiduring how much actually gets eaten. But what good is a parade without tossing candy. What I like best is wandering through the cars in the line up before the parade. The owners are usally close by for chatting with.

12. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

cool

13. Larry T

Larry T

14. Hellbomb

Hellbomb
    from DC

Drive or ride? If he can drive, he should have his own parade.

15. Driven in many, in all kinds of vehicles. We did the St Patrick's Day parade in my Coronet, the Armed Forces Day parade in my '41 Plymouth, a couple others in my Terraplane (it hated parades!), and more. Sometimes parades are fun, sometimes not.

16. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I've been in a million parades and have been known to throw my own personal parade at times. Big fun.

17. 41 C28

41 C28

Parades are fun.

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

East Tawas Michigan, 4th of July, I do it almost every year. Good old fashion down home celebration.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. aar0s

aar0s
    from So.Il.

The retiring sheriff took my OT convertible about 10 years ago in the local homecoming parade and still talks my leg off about it.

20. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I've had mine lead parades but it had funeral flags on it.

21. A buddy was asked to give a ride to a local celebrity in the aquatennial parade here ..the guy had lost both his arms in a farm accident and made it into the house and bath tub so he would not blleed on mom's carpets ...he recovered quite well ...but limbless any way after the parade route he asked my friend driving if this 5.0 mustang was fast as he was slipping from the vert boot down to the back seat ... Hell ya my freind says " hang on ! " and floored itburning rubber around the next corner grabbing gears for two blocks til he hit the binders at the next light .... When the driver looked back at him the celebrity was all balled up head first in the foot well ass in the air.. And says muffled guess so...wasn't sure how to do the hang on tho..

22. historynw

historynw

My club is in the local Memorial Day parade tomorrow if it doesn't rain. We are always a week early. I had one of my cars in a parade last week in DC.

23. dbradley

dbradley

Just be sure it doesn't load up and runs cool at low speeds. Kind of takes the fun out of it if you stall/overheat.

24. kenymac

kenymac

My wife and I used to do alot of parades in the Northwest Washington area every year with our 58 retractable. When we weren't carrying dignitaries we would take some of our 11 grandkids and they still talk about it all the time. Sometimes we would do the top up and down as we went thru the parade and it always amazed the crowd that it was a hardtop then turn into a convert. The grandkids always had a great time doing the hand wave to the crowd!! So go for it the kids will remember it forever!!! We probably should have never sold it!!!

Attached Files:

25. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

my 51 chevy has been in wedding. I got hired from a friends friend. I they came out of church got in car i drove around block dropped them off at back of church. 50 dollars and a 30 pack of beer. only there 45 minutes total.

26. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

Re: "Anyone had their car in a Parade?"

No, not me....but I've been run out of town
    a few times and I always managed to get in
    front of the crowd and make it look like a
    parade!!!:eek::eek::D

Mart3406
    =============================

27. 21tat

21tat

Love a parade!

28. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

yup. cuz you can't just turn off the route...

"Mr. Mayor, we have a small problem."

29. You bet! 4th of July. We live in very same moutain community, we have an anual parade.
    The vollenter fire dept trucks spraing water, the Boy Scouts on bikes, the neighbors on their horses, and a few odd classic cars. Very home town but lots of fun.

30. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

I did a few parades years ago. The ones with horses turned me off on them. A couple horses got nervous and did "wheelies" much too close to my car for comfort and the prick owners copped an attitude when I told them to get them away from my car. :mad:
    Plus they shit in the parade route!