Register now to get rid of these ads!

Classic Cars and Proms...they go hand in hand don't they

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, May 19, 2011.

1. yblock292

yblock292

my coupe with fudpuckers daughter and date

Attached Files:

2. Very cool thread.... congrats to all the graduates...and to the folks that made their ceremonies special....

3. 54EARL

54EARL
    from Idaho
    1. A-D Truckers

I imagine when my son reaches prom I'll let him talke the truck.

4. Deuces

Deuces

Very cool thread!! Let's keep'er goin'!! :D

5. Very cool Denise,,I still love your dad's car,,tell him Danny & Brenda said hello!

He probably won't remember us but you dad made a big impact on me when you guys came to knoxville a few years ago,,after meeting your dad I now know where you got your love for cars, HRP

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  6. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

That is one bad ass coupe!

7. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

The heck with the limos and Rolls Royces, I'd want to take that Chrysler too!

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

They sure do, I had to take my date to the prom in an 80's lincoln (it was new) ...not anywhere near as cool as that..you rock Denise

9. Denise those are great pic's! as cool as your car is i really dig your dads 56' it just jumps out at me!

10. Sauli

Sauli

WOW, I´m liking that ´56 Holiday Coupe!!! What a thing of beauty!

11. billyt

billyt

Here's Mine.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Prom.jpg
      Prom.jpg
      File size:
      57.8 KB
      Views:
  12. I'm enjoying this thread. Lots of good looking couples and hot rides. I bet the memories bring smiles to those involved.

13. that is so cool!! your a great aunt Denise

14. Heo

Heo

I offered my wifes son a ride in the model A .the 29 Buick.the Galaxie for his prom
    But nooo He want to use my 500 sl ...... beacuse his G.F dont get this old car thing
    (umffh)

15. Denise.....YOU RULE!

16. Deuces

Deuces

Bump for the evening crowd.. :D

17. yblock292

yblock292

Thanks!

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words and for sharing your prom stories and photos. I've really enjoyed reading them.

He wants an old shop truck and since we really need a truck to haul stuff in the family I think its a good idea. Well see.

19. wayfarer

wayfarer

Pretty cool Denise. 14 years ago, my friend and I took our dates to Prom in his Dad's big block powered '34 Ford Sedan. The only problem was he put a hole in the oil pan pulling out of a driveway and we seized the engine about two blocks from the dance. We had to walk in the rain, then load the car on a flatbed in our tuxes once help arrved.

20. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

I drove my daughter and her date to their 9th grade rec. several years ago. Many of the parents rented the limos for their kids. When we pulled up in the '58 Impala that's in my avatar, most of the photagraphers forgot about taking pictures of the couples as they exited the limos and came right over to photograph me letting the kids out of the Impala.
    Very memorable night for my daughter.
    Priceless for me.
    I'll see if I can find some photos and scan them up.
    Brian

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

That movie came up in conversation while we were taking the prom photos. Classic movie for sure. Tessa also brought up the movie "Christine" and the fact that the prom was on Friday the 13th. Good thing nothing tragic happened that night.:D

Yeah, Alex had taken his car to the parking lot of the prom location earlier in the day. He sure didn't want me picking him up I guess.;)

Of course he will, in fact he made a comment on the way home about how nice you guys were and everything. Would be fun to hang out with you and Brenda again.

You too are sooooo funny :p

not a one :eek:

Thanks
    It funny though, I don't know if its a guy thing or a teenager thing, or just cuz he use to wear braces but I had to keep tapping my teeth with one finger while I had the camera in the other hand cuz he doesn't like to smile showing his teeth. I'm going to mention to him how many friends made a comment on his nice smile maybe that will help.

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yikes :eek:

I would love to see those photos. Say, are you going to BilletProof on Saturday??

23. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Very cool Denise! Brings back some great memories for me, not just of prom, but of being 16/17 years old and cruising around in an old car. Good times for sure!

I picked up my '57 the day of my senior prom, though I didn't take it to prom. We had a stretch Navigator limo, which was cool to party with friends in!

24. cavemag

cavemag

I wish I could've scored a cool car for mine.

25. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Love both of the Olds! Hope to drive my daughter and her date to Prom next year in the Nash.

26. Rolf

Rolf

Very cool, more than one reason for them to remember that special day :)

27. recks

recks
    from oceanside

I need to track down the picture of me and my date. My brother and I drove out 1960 Cadillac to our prom. What a blast thinking back.

28. recks

recks
    from oceanside

Let me verify. We are identical twins and both took our dates in the Cadillac. hahaha

29. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

i took my date to the prom in my old 1969 chevy pickup with a 454. but thats nothing special, i drove it every day anyway hahaha

i have neither the truck or the girl anymore, i do miss the truck though :/