Register now to get rid of these ads!

SWAYbar for a Mustang II on a 53 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mrconcdid, May 16, 2011.

1. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

I am running 6in bags on a mustang II front end on my 53 chevy 210.
    I have a few sway bars laying around including the mustang bar but none of them will fit near the factory location, the bag is to close to the spindle.

So I was thinking about welding a horizonal tab the the front of the stock lower A-arm to mount the sway bar too. the other thought was to weld a tab to the upper A-arm and suspend the swaybar below it. either of these ideas seem to move the bar forward

Am I over looking something?

Thanks MrC.

2. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Does anyone have a better idea on how to mount up a sway bar?

Thanks
    MrC.

Attached Files:

3. When running air bags its always difficult to use a sway bar. You have to clear the bags at all times and account for the vertical travel distance as well.
    In the past i have modified rear race style sway bars for the front. You need to make sure your rod ends or however you atach the links with dont bind due to the amount of height travel.
    Hope this makes sence!!

4. Crafty

Crafty
    from UK

can you put the sway bar in front of the a-arms and have it reach back to them ?

maybe add something to the front of the a-arm for the link to go to so you are clear of the bag