Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greyhound sucks again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kwmpa, May 18, 2011.

1. rusty28a

rusty28a

Nothing but good luck for me with G.H. and sometime our terminal has hookers!

Attached Files:

2. gearhead1952

gearhead1952

I've had pretty good luck using greyhound. Just have to remember their insurance limit is $300! I've never had to file a claim thankfully. Recently got a door shipped from back east and the guy did not use any packaging and no label of any kind. As it turns out it was sitting in my terminal for 7 weeks and the guys there figured someone would come looking for it. So the lesson is make sure the sender labels the item in a way that it can't be removed. Without a label the counter clerks are useless. They are the only reasonable option I know of for body parts.

3. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

Have you ever seen the retreads that work at Greyhound? In ten years they will be like Trailways..just a memory.

4. I had a door shipped to me from the midwest on greyhound. I called and called greyhound asking if it had arrived, always the same answer....no not yet. after about 2 weeks past the arrival date, they called and said it was there. I went to pick it up and they tried to charge me 3 weeks storage as it had been there that long. Needless to say when I got done with the clerk, I took the door and had no storage due.......:D

5. dudley32

dudley32

not normaly here...always..

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Google 1925 Franklin and look at the photo of the hood. I shipped one in a washing machine box from Connecticut to California and it arrived just fine via Greyhound. I pack stuff as if I was to be the one recieving it, always had good luck with Greyhound and boxes to large for FedEx Ground. UPS..........you better out weigh me by 200% and have a gun pointed at my head if you think I'd ship with them.

7. I had a 64 tbird fender lost with GH and it NEVER showed up. But I still ship from time to time with them. But then Ive had UPS destroy on a regular basis stuff Ive had sent to me.

8. easttown

easttown

I bought a set of seats from a guy in New Mexico,and he shipped them Greyhound..Took over 2 weeks to get to Ohio. The company was no help at all, and when the finally came in on a weekend,the people at the terminal refused to go look for them.
    I had to find a worker and give him a few bucks to find it. By the way,you won't find to many quality people waiting at the bus station. Word to the wise,wash your hand after a visit there

9. birdbuilder

birdbuilder

I bought a 50 merc rear window and trim from a fellow Hamber and it's been two month's from Greyhound many calls to grayhound from me and seller no response. GTRHOTROD REFUNDED MY MONEY AND LOST HIS WINDOW WHAT A GREAT GUY. !!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T USE GREYHOUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. rustyzman

rustyzman
    from midwest

I bought a pair of fenders for my truck that were shipped via GH. Over four weeks after shipment they had not arrived so I called to try and track them down. I was told they were in transit. When I pressed further to find out where they were I was told that they could be at any bus stop on the route from Colorado to Chicago. There was also no way for them to tell me where they were as they do not scan packages when they get bumped from the bus. Apparently if along the route to you the bus fills up, they bump the economy shipping items and leave them at whatever stop they are at until another bus with room shows up. With no paper trail to follow. So, no tracking, no guarantee when or if they will ever arrive, no care for how they treat the packages and really bad customer service. Go Greyhound and Leave the Driving to Them! Just don't expect good service.
    My fenders did finally arrive, but I plan to never use GH again.

To be fair, UPS, USPS and FedEx have all damaged my packages to varying degrees and FedEx lost my sway bars but at least there was some semblance of tracking or customer service.

11. Muttley

Muttley

12. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

Hey isn't that the guy that once punched a magician? Hilarious!

I hope you get your stuff and, and I realize now that the guy that sold you the parts was just lazy. He didn't want to package anything just, wanted to drop them off.

I also realize that all shippers lose stuff, break stuff, whatever. the difference is they are equipped to deal with it. GH apparently is not.

13. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

ROFL!

I almost spit my sweet tea all over my screen. Damn you. Damn you because it's funny AND true.

14. I have been using GH now for 3 years. I did not know they even shipped stuff until a guy I sold a Schwinn Krate to on ebay suggested it.

In most cases they are very cheapest way to ship.

Shipped maybe 8-9 items and never a problem.

As others have suggested probably the local people and not the GH company is where their problem comes up.

What's great is a local GH stop is 2 miles from my house and I live in a rural area so it's conveinent. When shipping out I don't leave it with the ticket agent but wait until the bus actually shows up and make sure it get put away ok. The bus usually shows up with 10-15 minutes of when it is supposed to.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  15. phukinartie

phukinartie

You get what you pay for

16. Here is another tip for folks. Greyhound is kinda a generic term anymore. Some of us will have an actual GH terminal and others will have a variety of Regional carriers. Last time I shipped I think the box stayed on one carrier for most of the trip. It pays to research this and talk to the folks on the other end to see what their end looks like. Be like a Boyscout and be prepared.

17. Is GH privately owned or is it run by gubmint? I tend to think the latter because of turds that work there.

18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

19. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

This is what happens when you try to ship big expensive parts on the cheap.

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

That maybe true, but its still no excuse for the shitty service, rude tellers..and fucking up your shit that you paid the price they quoted to move your item..If this is a service they advertise, than they should stand up and make it happen..if not quit ..

21. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Back in the 60's Uncle Sam shipped my ass by Greyhound to Fort Knox for basic, seemed to work ?

22. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

your just not reporting the damage....right?:D

23. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

I think the problem lies mostly with the people working there. When you end up loosing your cool because of some one behind the counter that tells me it a personell problem. I ship large items with Conway. Very good and helpful.

24. Fenders

Fenders

Oh, OK, you are saying it is not formal company policy to damage shipped goods... so the company is not responsible for their employees actions and behavior ...

???????????

25. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Had a layover in Louisville like 10 miles from the Post.
    Got really piss blind drunk,
    Wrong, wrong, wrong,
    Never, Ever show up for Basic Training drunk !

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Ohhhh Dude:eek:...not a good idea

27. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

They have ways of making you realize your error in judgement for weeks and weeks and weeks. !

28. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I've had good luck with Greyhound. Can't say the same for USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex, and others... they all seem to suck at some point.

29. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

Agreed. But GreyHound isn't a shipping company. It is in the business of moving People. The shipping part is an afterthought. It's Just a way of getting extra money by shoving boxes into the bottom of a bus if they have extra space.

30. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

they are offering this service, and you will pay for it if you so choose..so yes they are in the buisness of shipping..

offering a service + getting paid for that service= in the buisness of that service