Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects quick change using model a banjo question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saints, May 16, 2011.

1. saints

saints

Ive seen them and cant find them but the quick change center that uses the axle tubes and gears from your model a banjo it replaces just the center section?
    anyone know where I can find them and also it sounds like it may be alittle weak and I should go with a full quick change setup has anyone used these?

2. saints

saints

its being powered by a stock 8ba if that helps

3. Russ Gaylord Fontana

Russ Gaylord Fontana
    from Home

4. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Halibrand nade a Model A quick change plus a V-8. The Model A was similar to the stock center section in that the pinion gear was supported only at the pinion shaft bearing. The V-8 model followed Ford design by incorporating a "straddle mount" which had an additional bearing inside the case. They both were designed to use stock axle trumpets and axles. I see the Model As at swap meets now and then-I believe they were often used in Midgets.

5. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

There is a Model a QC and a midget QC....the change gears are different....The Model A QC is hard find, a Halibrand that is..Kiwi is a good one

6. Rodsville should do the trick for you.

7. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

I've seen a model a one at Hershey...not seen the kiwi one in person but have heard good things...the model a rears are a little weak behind flatheads but ive seen them work too...it's a toss up

8. UPState Bill

UPState Bill
    from New York

Dick Spadaro has them for open or closed drivelines.Hes here on the Hamb