Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Last Minute notice: Finkadelphia for the Philly peeps

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by synthsis, May 8, 2010.

1. synthsis

synthsis

If you've got nothing to do today why not check out the swap meet at Finkadelphia. It's at the same location as last year, where the Hoedown is held. I'll be there taking pics. I'm in an ugly plaid shirt, if you see me say hi, and bring me a beer, i'm probably thirsty.

[​IMG]

2. Mark T

Mark T

Too many rat rods!!!!

3. furious

furious
    from Hazlet, NJ

Saw you there with the dog... didn't know it was you. I hate when that happens.

4. synthsis

synthsis

yea, that was us with the pupp. We left the other 2 at home. all 3 are a lot to handle and you can't enjoy the show.

5. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Thanks for the last minute notice.. WTF

6. synthsis

synthsis

better than no notice. The only reason I posted this was because I saw yesterday morning that it wasn't already covered, which was surprising since usually the forum is on top of this stuff.

7. synthsis

synthsis

let's see if this works. a slideshow from the swap meet.

<iframe src="http://www.flickr.com/slideShow/index.gne?group_id=&user_id=9527409@N06&set_id=72157624034478082&text=" align="center" frameborder="0" height="500" scrolling="no" width="500"></iframe>
    <small>Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.</small>

8. furious

furious
    from Hazlet, NJ

Thanks for the pics. The turnout was down and less swap meet than last year but its a good location. Well worth the entrance fee (only $10), you got a shop rag, a magnet, and a beer coozie. I hope it can be promoted better next year.

9. scarylarry

scarylarry

I got an email notice the day of the show!

10. synthsis

synthsis

wow, I didn't get any of that stuff. I think I need to have a conversation with the Professor. As it turns out, I think he was a lot less hands on this year for this show, which might have to do with the lower turn out.

11. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

It was a GREAT Show as always. The show ended a little after 3pm, It was a bit of a cloudy day and it rained at 4pm. The live music was also Fantastic.
    Charlie, All of the Downshifters, and the Professor work very hard at the shows for everyone to have a good time. It is obvious that they care more about people enjoying the show rather than money because of the stuff they always give you at the gate.
    There were 3 Car shows in the general area the same day. That may account for a few less cars/vendors.
    All year long the Downshifters and Professor pass our flyers for the show. We can all help this show next year. by getting some flyers about the show and passing them out to interested people.

One of my Favorite shows !

12. So..since this thread is a year old, and now it's May 15, 2011, this event has come and gone once again I'm assuming??

13. Must have been a good show, he was knocked out for a year ha-ha