Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Willys...barn find to runner in thirty days.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by milwscruffy, Aug 1, 2009.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  2. ChevyII

ChevyII

That does help seeing how those old Willy's lights go together, question is, going to use them lights or sell em. .... BTW I will bring the Film over for the sand blaster after work today.

3. Oliver Bros, Here's probably what your missing.

Attached Files:

4. I just pooped in for an update. Glad to see its almost done and im liking the colours.
    Very nice indeed.

5. That's awesome! Very good detail shots! That's exactly what I needed. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

6. lwalton

lwalton

Attached Files:

• 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      210.6 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      197.7 KB
      Views:
    • 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      196.8 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      204.6 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      200.5 KB
      Views:
    • 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      199.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
    brEad likes this.

7. Hey thats why we're here, no problem and good luck.

8. Ya these are kind hard to find parts for let alone some information on missing parts. Thanks again!

10. Well sorta got sidetracked wet sanding and buffing my 66 Belair wagon. My god this is one big ass roof. Think I'll have feeling back in my arms and shoulders by mid-week ! So the plan of attack is to have both cars on the road by spring. Thanks Gilly and Charlie for the sanding help. The wagon is slightly O.T. but hey, it's powered by a full roller 468 C.I. so at least it's gonna be one fun ride.

Attached Files:

11. montclaire

montclaire

I think you can use a Ford gas cap - either a model A or a deuce, I'm sure someone has a spare to lend you. It doesn't fit perfect, but it's close enough. Pretty sure that's what's on mine, the edge is ribbed like a coin.

12. RIP Steph, you put up a long hard battle and showed me what a hero is.

Stephanie Deida ( Brurok ) 2-7-75 / 3-5-11.

13. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

soo sorry to hear this ,RIP prayers and thoughts. and you take care Bud

14. doc's

doc's

RIP Stephanie

15. b-bob

b-bob

I am so sorry to hear this, we understand if this takes longer than you expected.

16. God Speed Stephanie... prayers for the rest of the family.

17. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Scruffy, my deepest felt condolences.

18. First off thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers for my niece, it was much appreciated. I'm getting back into the Willy's project slowly but surely and thought i'd share a couple updated photos. I tried to save the original splash aprons but they were just thicker than tin foil and lots of pin holes so had to make some new ones. Hopefully the updates will be coming much quicker from here on out, Scruff.

Attached Files:

19. montclaire

montclaire

Scruff, how is your grill shell attached to the radiator? I'm guessing a bolt, nut, and washer but I'm wondering if the profile is unique, so the hood won't scratch. Mine came w/o hardware.

20. Howdy, i used button head screws for clearance. The originals were slotted round head screws. Now do you have any photos of the retaining pivots for the center hood hinge? Mine were off when i got the car and i found one in a box of fasteners but it has a single mounting stud. was wondering if this is correct, thanks Scruff.

21. Alright i lay claim to the first ever dropped headlight bar for a 32 Willys, until proven otherwise:D. This thing took forever to make look right but you gotta do what you gotta do. I ended up using 34 Ford headlights simply cause it was cheaper than re-doing the originals. I've always thought big headlights, low gave a car a meaner look so...... A little more welding and then i can blow things apart and final paint fenders, YEAH.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  22. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Scruff,

Looks excellent!:cool::cool::cool: You've done a great job on the stance, details colors,etc... As I said before, one of my favorite builds on the Hamb!:D

23. Thanks, now hopefully i can kick this thing in the ass and get it done.

24. montclaire

montclaire

Scruff, I'm just seeing your post now, I'll get you a shot of the retainers. I wound up going with a stove bolt type screw with a nylon washer.

25. Finally a small update, new job title, new shift (3rd) and trying to find my way back to this thing. Fenders are next, later.....

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  26. Well 2 more pieces I won't have to sand on anymore. Did I ever tell ya how much bodywork sucks especially on dark colors. Looks like 5-7 days atleast until the fronts are ready for paint. Then I think there's only 8 more pieces after that ! :eek::D

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  27. koolkemp

koolkemp

Looking great ! At least the end is in sight and yer still plugging away at it

28. Thanks, every piece painted at this point is a moral victory. Can't wait to get a wrench back in my hand rather than a piece of sandpaper. Come on final assembly. :D

29. Still plugging away, think I'm down to 8 more piece's to go. Some are close others well........... later.

Attached Files:

brEad and kiwijeff like this.
  30. jan bogert

jan bogert

what a change from '32 to '33 JAN:):):)

Attached Files: