Register now to get rid of these ads!

New KING CHASSIS dragster build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChassisResearchKid, Apr 15, 2011.

1. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I dig the swept back cage. It looks like Condors car. Nice work. I'll take mine in 200 inch's please :D

2. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

3. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Can't wait to get my dirty little paws on this thing!!!!

Last edited: May 9, 2011

4. Think 1964, that's the goal for this one.[/QUOTE]
    Tod ! the only thing that would make this any better, would be if you sold my Dragster thats on the hamb ..Now get off your ... and start selling.... Hairy

5. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Totally Bitchin!!! Car looks fantastic!

6. Hellfish

Hellfish

Awesome! I can't wait to pit it against The Czar (our FED) when we get it together

7. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Very cool. I just stumbled on this thread. I actually was looking at kingchassis website earlier today. too funny. Anyways if your reading this thread you must like FED's so check out my blogsite to see some cool art of them I have done. Keep up the great building!

8. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Tod ! the only thing that would make this any better, would be if you sold my Dragster thats on the hamb ..Now get off your ... and start selling.... Hairy [/QUOTE]
    I'll work on it Harry. Someone needs to buy his car so he can have Brian "King Chassis" Fox build him a new car. See, told ya I'd work on it.:D

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  9. SWAMPDONKEY

SWAMPDONKEY

great diggers king . i got to see bob M's digger last weekend great dragster keep it up

10. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Thanks Swanpdonkey, bob was a great guy to work with.

11. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Thanks for the nice comments. The comment about Conder s car is a great compliment. 200" OK send check to ......

12. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Better shot of steering box and mount.

Attached Files:

13. Conder

Conder

Sorry I'm late Brian! I just found this... Beautiful as usual man. I noticed on the cage you moved the front hoop back closer to the rear. That's a good thing I think. My front hoop looks swoopy and laid back, but it is a bit tough getting past it and out of the car due to how far forward it is. The brake handle had to be shortened too, as a long handle past the body cut down on exit space between that front hoop. Also, If my car ever gets a full body, the side view of the cage hood will look kind of thick.

Not trying to steal your thread man, I'm just congratulating you on a smart move for a good looking cage. The rules for current top fuel used to be the front hoop had to be at least 4" ahead of your face, with at least 1" of free space between the helmet and rollbar padding (I have no idea what it is now.) Yours looks like it'll pass, plus the cage hood for your tail can look sleeker.

I hope to see you in a big shop soon, new chassis' everywhere and your cars out in the world grinding asphalt and spittin' flames!

...One more thing. I think Cackle cars will turn out to be the gateway drug for legal nitro smokers. It used to be injected Jr. Fuelers or Gas Dragsters back in the day. But, this ain't "the day". It's 2011.

Wouldn't that be GREAT? Congratulations on your new rail Chassis Research Kid!

14. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Ha HA!!!! Love it!!! I'm hooked...

Cheers,

Berta

15. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Thanks Tim, Glad you approve. This may take a while, but it will be done with true 60's style. I love the look of Brian's car's, and it was your car back in 2004 that really got me hooked with the fact that it is possible to have safe car that still looks BITCHIN!!

16. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

17. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Thanks for chiming in Conder! Yeah the helmet deal is 4" in fron of your face and 2" on top of your helmet now. It passes with flying colors. You are totally correct about the further forward you go with the front hoop. It makes it a real bitch to get in and out.

I dream of a big shop someday. But the economy scares me to make the leap.

I would like to just see a cackle car go 200' with the butterfly wide open. There are a few cars that sneak in some laps at their local tracks.

Always nice to hear from you Tim. Take care.

18. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Wide open like this Brian??? :)
    [​IMG]

19. Thrillbilly

Thrillbilly
    from Joplin,MO

Great work as always Brian !!

20. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

No Robert , like this.

Attached Files:

Scotty's Garage! likes this.
  21. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Thanks Randy

22. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Atta Boy!!!!

Fuck'n Love it!!!

~Berta

23. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Hey Brian, what front spindles are these?

24. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Early Ford, worked over by Todd.

25. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

26. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

I cut the arms and brake flange BS off and polished them up, then cut new 3/16 plate arms on a wire EDM, Brian tig welded them to the spindle. Make's for a very clean look. Todd

27. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Well yesterday was the day the car went to Todd. He lives in Detroit and I live in St. Louis. So Indy is perfect mid-way for us. So I called up Rooman and we met at his shop.

Biggen rode up with me and we left at 3am. Luckly we left a little early as there was a bunch of road construction that delayed our arrival time. I was worried about the weather because it rained all day long on Thurs. And the damn weather guy said "spot showers" for that day and the same for Friday. They don't know shit. I didnt want to get the bare metal car stuck in the rain. But when you travel like a 1965 racer, you will get stuck in the rain. So wiped it all down with a mixture of WD40 and trans fluid.

Part of the deal was Todds 1962 orginal dragster.
    So here we are sealing the deal.

ChassisResearchKid on left, me KINGCHASSIS in middle and ROOMAN on right.

Attached Files:

28. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Here are a few shots of the swapping going on.

Attached Files:

29. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

And Todd sittin in his new car. When he puts a helmet on , it will fill up the cage area alot. I cant wait to see this car finished. Todd has good tast in vintage dragsters. Stay tuned for up dates on this thread. He will up date progress as it comes.

Attached Files:

30. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

And a shot of what we looked like on the ride home.

Todd nice to finally meet you in person. Wish I could make it to Bowling Green with you.

Roo, thanks for lettin us raid your shop for a few hours. Had a great time. Your shop is to die for. One day Brian, one day.

Biggen, thanks for riddin up with me. Had a blast.

Attached Files: