Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photograph in Japan!! Kustom&Lowrider&HOROD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by toshihide4828, Oct 12, 2010.

1. toshihide4828

toshihide4828
    from japan

2. iFlip

iFlip
    from San Angelo

It's a fad.. that needs to go away ASAP.

3. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

What great work. I live in the easiest place on earth to build a car and i can't accomplish what those guys can half way 'round the world. BTW, do you suppose there's a website in Japan that is oohing and ahhhing a bunch of Mexican guys driving tuners!!???

4. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

5. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

what are you talkin about?
    If you talk about their domestics its nonsense, they ben buildin them like the US cars since day one, plus the Japanese original Bosos.
    If you think that for them ownin US cars is a fad you might not be very well informed.

Toshi, thanx for the domestics btw, i kno its not hamb stuff, but whats up w/ the camber on the little toyo truck?

6. heath brinkley

heath brinkley

It's nice to see you guys smiling in your pictures, makes me want to move to Japan. For some reason, car culture here in America requires a scowl on your face. Can't figure out how driving around in your hor rod with your girl beside you can make you look so unhappy.

7. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

Much respect for those guys.

Couple locals I talked to on Okinawa related to me how difficult and expensive it is to to import and register a non-JDM vehicle in Japan.

8. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

says the "FNG" :eek:

it seems like you've got a lot to learn. Like Bonez pointed out, Japan has been doing this for awhile. If you are still in highschool, longer than you've been alive. For example, the Pharoah's CC & Mooneyes Japan recently celebrated a 25th year anniversary.

9. Racewriter

Racewriter

Go easy on the FNG. Given the context - his comment came right after Toshi posted the weirdly cambered Toyota, and said, "What is up with this?", the FNG is probably saying that the strange camber is a fad that needs to go away ASAP. Which, just from a safety perspective, I'd have to agree with.

10. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

oh ok, makes sense now. I didn't see the comment about the camber above his post, all I saw was a broken looking truck lol. And when I read Bonez's comment, I automatically thought the FNG was talking about the Japanese scene in general.

11. Racewriter

Racewriter

On another note, I really want to shave and drop a '70s Toyota....

12. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

something like this? :D

[​IMG]

13. the shadow

the shadow

thats some real craftsmanship there, they really raise the bar on the finished product with some of those cars...it's nice to see a group of finished cars at a gathering & not all rust, ripped seats skulls all over the place.

14. dwaynerz

dwaynerz

the japanese scene was alive and well back in the late 70's early 80's when i was stationed on okinawa. probably not as many cars as the mainland had, but i saw more than a few z28's, mustangs, harleys and corvettes on that tiny little island. saw more than a few american iron sitting in their boneyards too. granted, they werent the style of rides you see posted here, but they did have a big following of anything american. most all were happy to show them off as well. some would even ask if i/we could/would order parts for them and have them shipped over since their was no duty or import fees for parts the service men had shipped thru american mail.

15. Big Nick

Big Nick

Im pretty sure its sitting like that cause its aired out, I seriously doubt its driven that way.

16. KFC

KFC
    from UK

It'll have custom camber wedges to sit like that , its the boso/ VIP style getting passed onto all sorts

17. Racewriter

Racewriter

There you go! And my desire for it to include the Asian women in the schoolgirl outfits is not at all creepy...

18. davis574ord

davis574ord

Me love you long time g.i. Love the pics!

19. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

I knew the Japanese were crazy when it came to building cars, but that is INSANE!!! Damn good work!

20. Raunchy

Raunchy

Those guys must be richer than 2 feet up a Kobe Beefs ass to have those kind of cars over there, and of the quality they are.

21. fnqvmuch

fnqvmuch

Great Toyota Stout - if i could see more of it (less schoolgirls) i'd be grateful ... the previous is not Toyota but a Datsun Sunny/1200 - that 'fad' seems to have been around for a couple of years in Europe. They aren't afraid of engineering in some axle articulation - 2CVs & Beetles - only stateside i can think of being Caterpillar graders ...

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  22. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

23. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Yeah, a Datsun, now that you say so i see it :)
    I think its simply the fact that it has a fwd set up and the indipendant axles can be modded to seat that way when you air out the suspension.
    Plus, jap bosos have ran heavily cambered wheels since forever, that is just a hi-tek-ish appreach to a boso car.

Heres more ofthe stout.bitchen truck.i have more, but in a hard drive that i cant access right now. it has sum clean frame work.

Attached Files:

24. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

[​IMG]

Ain't this hysterical? I love it. Someone has finally built a "cartoon" car that looks like all those exaggerated T-shirt designs and over the top drawings you see on the Friday art threads. The sporty car version of a streat freak car? I can only assume it has some sort of air or hydralic suspension and when it rises from the pavement the wheels assume a normal driving allignment. Or do they drag it around on a chain like a reluctant puppy? Gary

25. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

^^ thats kinda of a good point. ^^^
    afer all we love the crazy roth inspired design no?
    Im sure it has adjust. suspension, but if not, i think its cool anyway.

26. fat141

fat141

Well why dont you and the other "so quick to be smart arses" apologise to the FNG?:confused::confused:Rod

27. Garrettero

Garrettero
    from Mesa, AZ

Amazing paint!! A guy with a rod & custom shop in San Diego was telling me at VLV a couple weeks ago that all the really great customs and the future of traditional rods are being built in Japan. I don't know about that--though he's more qualified to say than I, but these photos sure show some amazing rides.
    Great photos, thanks for sharing!

Garrettero Kustom Photography & Art
    http://www.garrettero.blogspot.com/

28. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

LOVE this thing! I shout it in Japan a few years back, soooo clean!