Register now to get rid of these ads!

The yorkster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ghost28, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Ghost28

Ghost28

Found a few more pics of the early part of the build.

Attached Files:

2. Ya know......It never ceases to amaze me how someone can look at a pair of quarter panels and think "That would be a cool roadster". Good work!
    There are unlimited possibilities out there to build really cool roadsters. And coupes too! They'd look kind of like the old super modifieds! Thanks, Mike

3. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Ya that was a great show did the strip my self a few time.. You got to love being able to go to a show and run your ride down a old air strip!! Fun stuff for sure!!

4. Just to prove this Old Fart isn't stuck in 1960, this roadster is well outside the normal "traditions", but the parts work so well together, it's a perfect evolution of a hot rod. Combining new and old parts to create a unique and tasteful ride.

5. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Very crafty. Shows a lot of imagination and workmanship.

6. Was'nt Dick York the actor who played the husband in the TV show "Bewitched"?

7. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

8. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

If you can think it you can do it! Very nice...............................

I would like to see someone photo shop a carson top or regular cloth top for it just to see what that would look like................ not that it needs anything!
    Thanks 4 sharing ..........................

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  9. Good luck with the "lots of carbs" thing on a big block! If you find anything in a multi carb outside of 2x4's let me know !!! Thanks, Mike :(:confused:

10. Yup, must be the light. But then again, it might just be my memory.

It looks like you have about five long thin verticle chrome dicast bars in the middle, then two body-color bars, then the chrome on both sides. I had remembered mine having six or seven vertcle bars. I don't remember mine having those two body-color verticle bars, but then, it's ben a few years...

11. Ghost28

Ghost28

Matt... 37 and 38 plymouth had more vertical bars in the center with no space in between. but the main grille bars also ran vertical makes me wonder what you had...ghost

12. elizabeth lane

elizabeth lane

john-boy....chuck is not allowed to use the computer due to ahhh......past experience and purchases!!!!!!,,this is "lookin good" what does bonnie get out of this? we will have to talk!!!!!!...beth

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Uh-OH...!!! Has Chuckles gotten into trouble again...???

Couldn't you just stand over him, maybe tape his fingers together so he can't hit keys and just let him look at the pictures here on the HAMB...??? Couldn't hurt much could it...???

R-

14. Ghost28

Ghost28

We were planning on a soft top for it. This winter but with the bows running front to back. Don't think the bop style top would work on this car, with the bows running side to side. Gonna make it so it will fold up and go in the trunk. and hopefully not take up to much space. PHOTOSHOP ANY ONE...ghost

Attached Files:

15. smarg

smarg

really really different

16. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

So the deck lid will be hinged from the rear, open up to fold top into?

17. Ghost28

Ghost28

Nah just the top will come off and fold up to be stowed in the trunk. (kinda like luggage) Trunklid modification, not a chance, we did enough to this poor car...ghost

18. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

The Yorkster on the road.

Attached Files:

19. Ghost28

Ghost28

Hey vince thanks... That's pretty cool. You must have taken that during the colfax cruise. That is Mike and Roxi from hugo in there 26 sweet T, Greg and Judy in the model A. And Terry in his white 41 chevy. Talk about a convoy And good times. Also in the march street rodder. There is a leeeeetle bitty picture of the yorkster, and a small right up. Well take any press no matter how small. Plus the pic is in the middle of good company...ghost

20. Ghost28

Ghost28

Well it's been a couple of years driving the yorkster around and Chad decided it needed a makeover. He always wanted to put a blower on it so he yanked the engine and redid it so it will handle the added PUFFER. New lower end, cam, pistons, rods, and a few other treatments. Then he stripped the body down so it could get repainted suede black outside and gloss black dash and inside trim. All the body seams, and gaps are getting alligned. The body should be done in about a week or so, and the engine is assembled and ready to be installed. This time it will have a race powerglide with a trans brake and a nice converter.
    I want a ride at the hamb drags.

Attached Files:

21. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Will the car need a roll cage/bar at the HAMB drags...is there an allowed ET, over or under, requiring a roll cage/bar. That puffed Hemi should push the car to unreal times...especially at sea level (is Joplin at sea level...???).

You and Rocher should have a go of it with his Morris...

R-

22. Ghost28

Ghost28

Not sure what times it will run. The rough estimate of horse power at the rear wheels is around 500? Per Chad the engine is set up for street use, and if we have to we can slow it down for the drags. I don't think we are in mikes league I am pretty sure he would spank us with the morris.

23. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

So, Mike's Morris can run a 10.60 with a 377" Chevy and you're saying a blown Hemi in a light car can't do that...??? I'd like to get in on that bet...

R-

24. Ghost28

Ghost28

The hemi is under driven for street use. with some adjustments it would prolly be quick especially with the methanol water injection coming on at higher rpm. Right now it's any ones guess as to how quick it will be. As for mikes morris with the gearing and those slicks, he would have us right off the line, and I fear we would never recover from it. Chad is looking for some tires for the car that might hook up, but I think it would be cool to roast those old coker bfg wide whites.:D

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  25. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Always loved this car. Can't wait to see it in its new glory.

26. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Gruvy!,, scuse me,, FUCKIN Gruvy!

27. Ghost28

Ghost28

Thanks. I can't wait for the reassembly, and to fire the engine.

28. Rat Rod Roach

Rat Rod Roach
    from Aurora CO.

Ghost.... Iv got a bender for some pipe if ya like... make a bar/cage that can be removed... something to cover your head while racing, pull it out for street use.... aahhhh come on, lets line em up...:D:D

Roach

29. Ghost28

Ghost28

You just want to make us look bad. :eek: Like I told ya before go find some one else to play with you are just too quick. :eek:

30. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Awww, but you'll never know til you try...

R-