Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration "just a little bit better"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by treb11, May 10, 2011.

1. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK, I'll fess up to being an anal engineer. If it ain't done right, it will drive me insane. That said, who here suffers from "just a little bit better" syndrome? I now own three sets of '40 Ford pickup front fenders, each subsiquent set being "just a little bit better" (but the first ones were REALLY bad) It slows down the build. Thank goodness for the builders on the HAMB showing their progress, they inspire action.

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think a lot of us do that and then there are some who should do a bit more of that.

But you can always pass the "not quite good enough" pieces off to someone else at a future swapmeet who has the patience to make them perfect.

I just wish I could get out of the "one more change" syndrome that has plagued me for the past 40 or so years. I never get anything finished because I keep making so many changes.

3. 61bone

61bone

Anyone who is involved in this hobby has the "little bit better" syndrome. If they didn't, why would they want to change anything?

4. saints

saints

yep I will trade up parts alot before during and after a build.....the wife would die if she found out how much shipping I threw away on getting the same part 3 or 4 time each a little bit better

5. Larry T

Larry T

Yep, nothing is ever perfect so it gets improved next time around or the next build has to be better.

An addiction that is even worse is the drag racing "little bit faster" syndrome. After a while the .01 quicker starts to get expensive.
    Larry T

6. old_skool_1953

old_skool_1953

I am so bad that I do things (ie mustang II front end install, paint, fab, etc.) the first time. They look great and garner a lot of compliments. But there is alwys something I feel like I should have done better. Here lies the problem. After I have done it once I dont want to do it again so I sell the vehicle. I have got so close to "done" on so many vehicles only to sell them and start over. I drive myself and my wife crazy.