Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Military Discounts???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zeke, May 9, 2011.

1. Zeke

Zeke

Today I was at AutoZone getting some parts for the daily. I'm up at the register and the guy in front of me pulls out his ID and asked military discount? Now I go to this place cause I don't have to deal with a bunch of dumb asses and never thunk to ask it..... I of course pulled my ID and followed suit. I didn't know that but if I had then they would have gotten more of my business as other known military discounting businesses I prefer to frequent. I never ask but it's is nice to know.

Question is: Do you offer a military discount and if so how much and do you advertise it?

I have two months left in so it doesn't mean much to me but for our boys and girls that will be still serving what say you?

If so I thank you for what you do for us your US(or other) Service Members:D

2. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Home Depot, my dad pulls out his VA card and they give Vets a discount too.

3. rickairmedic

rickairmedic

Home Depot, Lowes , Sears , I didnt know about Autozone good to know .

Rick

4. hey try anything they did not know how to enter Minnesota Street Rod Assocation at o riley and i asked for a senior citizen discount and that worked, but i have failed to find a lower price on the invoice than is on the sticker, so whers the savings?? they just put down a big list price to make you feel good??!!!:mad:

5. I work part-time at a cellphone joint and we give a 10% discount on your monthly service!

...it's U.S.Cellular by the way, but I think most carriers do.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ!!!

6. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

All NAPA stores will give you a good Military discount. Just ask

7. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

I think all places of business should give a military discount. It's the least we can do for our men and women serving our country......just my 2 cents worth.

8. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

During my time in college I worked at several retail locations from Checker to various places in the mall as well as a few dining establishments and all of them gave some form of a military discount. It is worth asking.

9. Zeke

Zeke

They don't but what I'm asking is those that support hot rodders who are you?

10. napa doesn't do military discount but the do AAA discount . if your gonna serve our country you should get the discount over insurance

11. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Both my shops give Military and VFW discounts. Respect.

12. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Pretty cool. In my book, if you've made the choice to serve your country, you deserve a discount. Probably the least anyone could do.

13. Zeke

Zeke

VFW discount as well now that's cool!:)

14. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

If you are a Vet or current Military go to Google and put "Veterans discounts" in search there is a listing from a New York paper of 175 businesses that offer discounts as well as many others.

15. YoungGun

YoungGun

ive called sears and asked in person about military discounts and they say NO.

O'reilly Auto parts give military 20% or 25%

16. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

I do, always have, but unless the order is being shipped to an APO, I have no way of knowing, usually. I give 10% off & sometimes cover shipping for an "active duty" discount.
    Available at both my stores, Hot Rod Leather & at LeatherPillowFactory.com

Eric
    hoof22

17. humpie

humpie

sears gives military discounts,but only in the tool department

18. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

If we didn't have veterans that were protecting our country over the years ,your business wouldn't exist. A discount for there military sacrifice is just a little benefit they deserve. THANK YOU guys and gals for serving.

19. I find that many businesses will give a military discount but only if you ask. The first question I ask when checking out is do you give "military, VFW, AAA, senior" discounts. I am surprised at how many time the reply is "yes, but only if you ask". IHOP here in Oklahoma is like that.

Another thing to look into is "corporate cash" accounts at stores. I have one at O'Reilly's and it helps more than the military discount. You have to have a legitimate business name to qualify which many people on here seem to have.

20. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris

Yeah at Auto Zone we give a 10% military discount. Thank you all for serving our country!

21. shocker998md

shocker998md

autozone,napa, advanced auto on orders over 50 bucks. Lowes, Ihop gives 20%. Remflex gives a 20% discount too.

I have found its all on the manager that works there. Some times they give you a line of BS and some times they give you a discount.

Just ask, worst they can say is no.

22. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I work at a large employer in a small town. the local (only) O'reilleys gives a 30% discount, probably down to jobber price.

23. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

24. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WTF?
    You guys seriously get a discount just for being Military?:eek:
    The closest I have come to that is a couple of times I have been asked to leave a premises simply because I was Army but never a discount.
    On ANZAC Day we get a whole lot of love, the rest of the year its mainly contempt.
    Fuck I live in the wrong country!!
    I wouldn't even be game enough to mention being a Vet either, face to face with anyone here!

Doc.

25. Frontier Airlines where I work has active military free luggage

Poverty leaves an impression