Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for a good replacement for Holley 1904 carborator

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Indocil Art, May 8, 2011.

1. Indocil Art

Indocil Art

It was available as was the Carter CF on my 62 Rambler and many other 60s model cars. My research shows they were used in a lot of other applications but parts are hard to come by. I hate this carburetor. I think the fuel economizer system is giving me problems that I have been fighting since I bought my Rambler a year ago. I was wondering if anyone has replaced these carburetors with a new model or a re-manufactured unit that is dependable, and readily available. I was wondering about the new Stromberg's but don't know how to find the bolt pattern. I want it to be a direct bolt in where I would only have to fabricate the linkage. Has anyone replaces theirs with success

2. chriseakin

chriseakin

It's not a direct bolt-in, but the Holley/Weber (I think it's Holley 5200) is used by a lot of guys on six cylinder engines with an adaptor and linkage. It's a progressive two barrel (one barrel opens, then the other) and is supposed to give better mileage and power. It was used on a lot of small cars like Pintos, Vegas Dodge Omni's.
    Chris

3. Indocil Art

Indocil Art

Thanks Chris. Any one else?